Taking Mr. Walter to his first VET appt this morning!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally is still limping, not as much as the first day but it's still there :(

I found a vet that I used to use years ago (she left St. B) and moved out to the sticks. I REALLY like her, and she actually just rescued a bully named Charile that was an owner surrender here in Nashville last summer. Her reputation in this town is HUGE because she is the vet used by WHE (Willy's Happy Ending)… they adopt senior dogs that are thrown in shelters to be put down. They will take them in, get them vetted and cared for and adopt them out if the can. If they can't find them homes (or they are too sick) they are allowed to live on the farm till they pass on to the bridge… it's on acreage of land out here in TN. I have enormous respect & LOVE for WHE :heart:

Anyhoo, Dr. Fant is going to see Wally this morning… he's due for his 12 week shots anyway and I'm sure I'll go ahead and get him micro-chipped. Prayers, good thoughts, karma whatever is VERY much appreciated… I'm just worried about his little leg :*( I will let you guys know how things went when I get home this afternoon...

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Glad you found your old vet that you liked so much and trust. Wishing you luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm sure all will be fine. Take a deep breath momma. remember Walter came from a very good bloodline and breeder. doubt you have anything to worry about :yes:. maybe you can get him a chip that has a GPS in it? if it's out already? lol. Hugs to you and my little Walter :D. would be happy to have a vet like that here. Bifi is already one and we still don't have a vet where we can call "his".

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Happy thoughts that everything goes good for Walter. Just remember to breathe.... lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm sorry his leg is still bothering him, hoping its nothing serious. I'm glad you found your vet that you like. It's a big relief when you have a vet that you trust. Sending love, hugs and prayers that everything goes well for Walter today. I will be checking In later to see your update on what the vet said.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:poo: I was so hoping his leg would be fine by now! prayers, positive thoughts and fingers/toes are crossed!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great you're able to get in to see that great doctor, hopefully it's nothing serious with his leg.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Just checking back for an update 😊 I hope that Walter is ok and just needs some rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You got my prayers, Honey...hoping his lil leg is just sore, it takes awhile
for those to heal. Love Y'all <3

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hey guys…

I've been running around like a mad woman today w/appointments :yell:

Wally just has a sprain :whew: she gave him a good check over, and she said that he looks AMAZING!!! :w00t: Little booger weighs in at 17 pounds, he's only 3 months old… LOL She gave him an anti-inflammatory for his leg, but she said he will be fine. He has one more round of shots and then he's done.

I can NOT begin to tell you how relieved I am that I found Dr. Fant again… while I was waiting for Wally to be seen I saw another patient come in… an ENGLISH BULLDOG!!! (we don't have that many in this area) You guys are going to LOVE this one :heart: she asked what I was feeding him, and when I told her Fromm's she said that was an excellent food for bulldogs!!! Dr. Fant also gave me her cell number, and told me that if I had any issues to give her a call. I can't tell you how much this means to me that I finally found someone who can take care of my babies that I trust… :*(

Thank you guys SO much for all the prayers and good vibes today… I really appreciate it!!! :dance:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy he is OK and you found such a great vet too! it is such a relief when you can trust the doctor and know they are getting the best care!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So happy he is OK and you found such a great vet too! it is such a relief when you can trust the doctor and know they are getting the best care!!

Dr. Fant actually teared up when I told her what happened to Bella (she used to be her vet, before she left…) and then of course Winston. She told me that most vets give too much anesthesia to bully's :( In the 14 years at the clinic that she works at now, they have only lost 2 dogs due to anesthesia. St. B probably losses 2 a damn day… it's so sad :*(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.