Bentley & The Homemade Treat

BentleyMom

May 1, 2014
FTW, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Today I spent some time in the kitchen making apple pumpkin treats for Mr. B., after a half hour of baking and a half hour sitting in the oven to crisp up after it was turned off they were ready. I guessing Bentley hasnt had homemade treats before because after we worked on the "sit" command and he was rewarded for a job well done he went nuts!! :w00t: Here's a few pics of him munching on his treat and a smiley happy Bentley after he was done.
10327284_687581527974020_465411590_n.jpg10299205_687582191307287_295541601_n.jpg

Mia Amore

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
That is so cute. So how long did it take him to learn sit? Where did you get the recipe for the treats? Very handsome.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
BentleyMom

BentleyMom

May 1, 2014
FTW, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
It didn't take him long! But I kept our training session short, about 10-15 min and made sure to end it on a good note. I found the recipe on Pintrest...I actually found a ton of treat recipes, especially to help him stay cool in the got Texas summer. Can't wait to try different ones :) He has skin allergies so I have to be careful on what I make so they don't flair and give him the itchies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Andrea, lucky Bentley to get homemade treats. I like making my own too, but I also buy the Wellness apple and yogurt cookies, and Fruitables. You can share the recipes on the recipe forum.

Mia Amore

Apr 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Oh ok yah I'm teaching my baby girl Mia sit and lie down. She is doing good with sit and I just started lie down today. She did hood for a 8wk old I think. I can't wait to start making her treats. Good luck with the training.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
BentleyMom

BentleyMom

May 1, 2014
FTW, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yay for Mia! Bentley is 2. We adopted him last weekend, however it is very noticeable that he has had no training by his lack of manners! So I am trying to train as if he was a new pup. Good luck with Mia, I am sure she will do wonderful!

I will definitely share the recipe & view the recipes posted. I love looking for new things to attempt! I can't wait to tackle the training and obedience section as well :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a handsome bully.... did you adopt/rescue him?

OP
BentleyMom

BentleyMom

May 1, 2014
FTW, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yes, we got him from a rescue in San Antonio. He ended up with animal control and one of the officers worked for the rescue. It was a 4 hour trek one way to pick him up, but he did wonderful on the drive home!

~Adopted by Bentley~

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Awesome. I remember seeing his pics on the SABR page. Handsome boy for sure. Thank you for giving him a furever home.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.