I am here to announce some GREAT news about Mia!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Re: I am here to announce some GREAT news!!

Oops… sorry Jim!!!
Ha ha no apologies necessary Tracey..I'm very low on the list of people that made this happen. The credit goes to April for pushing it and Christine taking the bull by the horns and making it happen. Bumper posted a nice acknowledgement today thanking everyone and showing pics of Mia. I'm unclear who adopted her permanently was it someone from EBN?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes .... Bella and Dozer's Dad. Doug and Jen are Mia new parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

Congrats to all involved. Another life saved and given a furever home by two wonderful people.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie

Awesome and so happy for Mia, to have a loving fur-ever home.

Jenns

Apr 27, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and dozer

Hi I am Doug's wife. Spent nite with Mia on couch. She is such a sweetie. Here she is this am w/ DougDoug

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 97

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hi I am Doug's wife. Spent nite with Mia on couch. She is such a sweetie. Here she is this am w/ DougDoug

:hiya: Jenn!!! :jumping: tears of joy in my eyes --- so love her! Thanks for giving her a great new home and a second chance at a spoiled loving life!! :drawheart:

Jenns

Apr 27, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and dozer

Random question on brush to use on Mia.....what do folks suggest? New to short hair dogs. Christine suggested ferminator and looking for any other opinions before i make my purchase. Thanks

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Random question on brush to use on Mia.....what do folks suggest? New to short hair dogs. Christine suggested ferminator and looking for any other opinions before i make my purchase. Thanks

Actually, I use the Kong Zoom Groom on a regular basis, but when blowing their coat (probably now) I use the Furminator once a week

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

😃❤️ Aww this is so wonderful!! I am so happy for Mia and both of you! Thank you for giving Mia such a loving, safe and happy forever home. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

I use the Furminator on Riggins 😃 It's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda

Real sorry for taking this long to get on this post just been trying to get Mia settled.

Just want to take the time to thank all involved with Mia's rescue

A
s you all know XXAprilrose was the one to get this ball rolling looking on craigslist for EBD that are in need of help and boy did it pay off this time.

Thank you so much for what you did April, you most definitely change Mia's life for the better.

And
2BullMama you are just an incredible lady and has such a heart and giving to all, you are amazing nothing but the utmost respect for you and what you have done.

As you all know it was 2BullyMama that want and picked up Mia and brought her to her home for the past two weeks.

Mia was taken to the vet for much-needed medications to treat her infected ears and
her dry eyes. In doing so she saved Mia's one eye thank God. Mia's eyes will need medication put in both eyes twice a day for the rest of her life.

But it sounds like from
2BullMama veterinarian that Mia's ears may need a surgical procedure to remove some of the scar tissue that has closed her hear canal to the point making it difficult to hear.

I will be taking Mia to my vet Wednesday and will be discussing this, if surgery is needed I will probably get a third opinion as well I just don't want this girl to suffer at all.

2BullyMama has taken such good care of Mia that it's hard to even tell that she's been in a crate for quite a long time.

On her own dime she is paid for Mia's medical bills, a few toys, a new harness, a new lease, all kinds of treats, she even sent a new bag of Formm pork in peas with Mia. She even went out and got a new toy for my two pups, it just blows me away with her generosity.

But also like to thank Lewis as with his kind heart he spent the night sleeping with Mia, it just amazes me that people feel that way to take care of Mia. Lewis I can't thank you enough Sir.

I'd like to thank Chumley for getting involved in the rescue end of this story and getting in touch with Melissa at Bumper Bulldog Rescue

about Mia's needs. It's just so awesome you all pulled together to get Mia out of that terrible situation.

I like to thank Texas Carol as she stepped up and offered to take Mia. Carol you have a huge hart, thank you for doing that.

And I'd like to thank Melissa and her staff at
Bumper Bulldog Rescue.Bumper Bulldog Rescue covers the whole East Coast, and it Just amazes me what this lady does for the English Bulldog breed. She also has a full time job on top of the Rescue she runs!

They made the adoption process very easy for me and my wife and I can't think them enough. I hope to meet Melissa in the near future.

I normally get off my computer by 6:00 PM every night but the night Mia was picked up I was riveted to my seat watching the post come in and tell
ing what was going on.

I like everyone else was pulled into the story and as it unfolded couldn't wait to get more information is it progressed. Felt very proud to be part of that EBN community even though I had nothing to do with this rescue at the beginning.

Probably like the rest of you it just blew me away to see that first video that
2BullyMama had posted of her and Lewis getting to know Mia, you could just see she was a sweet girl and just made you feel that much better to know that she was out of that terrible situation. Everyone involved, you all amaze me! Thank you so much for caring so much for Mia.

I will be keeping EB
N up-to-date with Mia's progress and any medical needs as well as lots of pictures and hopefully funny stories.

Thank you all so much for caring about Mia!!!!

Doug

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
The night I brought Mia home she was just hanging out in the living room do that dead frog pose but doing like my Dozer dose it.

Attachments

• IMG_1176 (450x800).jpg
    IMG_1176 (450x800).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1328 (450x800).jpg
    IMG_1328 (450x800).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 56

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Real sorry for taking this long to get on this post just been trying to get Mia settled.

Just want to take the time to thank all involved with Mia's rescue

A
s you all know XXAprilrose was the one to get this ball rolling looking on craigslist for EBD that are in need of help and boy did it pay off this time.

Thank you so much for what you did April, you most definitely change Mia's life for the better.

And
2BullMama you are just an incredible lady and has such a heart and giving to all, you are amazing nothing but the utmost respect for you and what you have done.

As you all know it was 2BullyMama that want and picked up Mia and brought her to her home for the past two weeks.

Mia was taken to the vet for much-needed medications to treat her infected ears and
her dry eyes. In doing so she saved Mia's one eye thank God. Mia's eyes will need medication put in both eyes twice a day for the rest of her life.

But it sounds like from
2BullMama veterinarian that Mia's ears may need a surgical procedure to remove some of the scar tissue that has closed her hear canal to the point making it difficult to hear.

I will be taking Mia to my vet Wednesday and will be discussing this, if surgery is needed I will probably get a third opinion as well I just don't want this girl to suffer at all.

2BullyMama has taken such good care of Mia that it's hard to even tell that she's been in a crate for quite a long time.

On her own dime she is paid for Mia's medical bills, a few toys, a new harness, a new lease, all kinds of treats, she even sent a new bag of Formm pork in peas with Mia. She even went out and got a new toy for my two pups, it just blows me away with her generosity.

But also like to thank Lewis as with his kind heart he spent the night sleeping with Mia, it just amazes me that people feel that way to take care of Mia. Lewis I can't thank you enough Sir.

I'd like to thank Chumley for getting involved in the rescue end of this story and getting in touch with Melissa at Bumper Bulldog Rescue

about Mia's needs. It's just so awesome you all pulled together to get Mia out of that terrible situation.

I like to thank Texas Carol as she stepped up and offered to take Mia. Carol you have a huge hart, thank you for doing that.

And I'd like to thank Melissa and her staff at
Bumper Bulldog Rescue.Bumper Bulldog Rescue covers the whole East Coast, and it Just amazes me what this lady does for the English Bulldog breed. She also has a full time job on top of the Rescue she runs!

They made the adoption process very easy for me and my wife and I can't think them enough. I hope to meet Melissa in the near future.

I normally get off my computer by 6:00 PM every night but the night Mia was picked up I was riveted to my seat watching the post come in and tell
ing what was going on.

I like everyone else was pulled into the story and as it unfolded couldn't wait to get more information is it progressed. Felt very proud to be part of that EBN community even though I had nothing to do with this rescue at the beginning.

Probably like the rest of you it just blew me away to see that first video that
2BullyMama had posted of her and Lewis getting to know Mia, you could just see she was a sweet girl and just made you feel that much better to know that she was out of that terrible situation. Everyone involved, you all amaze me! Thank you so much for caring so much for Mia.

I will be keeping EB
N up-to-date with Mia's progress and any medical needs as well as lots of pictures and hopefully funny stories.

Thank you all so much for caring about Mia!!!!

Doug

THANK YOU!!! You are giving her a new loving home where she is sure to continue to flourish and be a fun, loving bulldog!

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
First night with Mia

Attachments

• IMG_1324 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_1324 (800x450).jpg