Feeding and coconut oil!

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Been feeding Gunner three times a day. The food bag says up to 3 1/4 cups a day for his size.
I SWEAR HES STILL HUNGRY!!
ive even fed him in the middle of the night because he's barked at his dish!
Now all of a sudden he's slowed down and leaves food. Weird!
How much should I be feeding at 11 wks and 17 lbs?

and on another note, I've started giving him a tsp of coconut oil each day, he LOVES it and barks and begs for more. We don't give him any more, but it's funny :)

LadyVi

May 2, 2014
Northern IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Violet or Lady Vi and Bentley or Lord Bentley
I give my dogs 2 tbs of coconut oil along with 1/4 cup of plain yogurt daily. It really helps with itching and allergies.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We have Charley on 1 tbs coconut oil daily and 2 cups food. He is 51 lbs. You can slowly increase the amount of coconut oil Gunner gets.

Also that is a lot of dog food, so likely lots of fillers. Take a look at the food information on this site. It is very helpful. It's a case where less, but high quality is actually more (filling)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:D most puppies will eat till they drop what food are you feeding as that will determine the amount to give throughout the day.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
3 1/4 cups of food sounds like a lot of food for a 11 week old pup, but it depends on the food. We feed FROMM Puppy Gold, and at that age it would be about 1/2 to 3/4 cup three times a day. As far as the coconut oil goes, I don't know, because I don't give it to our bullies.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah did not not have coconut oil but Buster did until he was one. It added calories and is healthy. He loved it. I agree you should check to make sure the food is not a lot of filler but healthy protein and grain free. Buster became an eating pooping machine that first year. He will still lick his bowl for a good 5 minutes after the food is gone. Healthy snacks like green beans, apple slices and an occasional carrot might help fill him up a bit and take the edge off between meals. All the best.

Most Reactions