Bringing home our new bully girl "Rosie" on Saturday...

bduvallx3

May 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
We finally are bringing home our new baby girl "Rosie" on Saturday. I have researched bulldogs to death. Read everything I can get my hands and eyes on. Have talked to friends that own bulldogs. In your experience, what are "must have" items and tried and true for your babies? She is eleven weeks old today. So excited!! Also, the breeder's gave her the name Rosie...should we keep that name or would changing it be confusing for her?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Awwwww! How exciting! Her name? We changed Meaballs name, and he was fine! The breeder named him Earnest. If she's young under 1, she won't get confused:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just got a new EB puppy that just turned 12 weeks today!!! We named him Walter, so I think the name change is fine… I would consider essentials as a crate, dog bed, pee pads (to help w/training) and an assortment of toys. I got stuffies, balls, Kongs and other durable toys. It's hard to tell what type of toy she will like so I always get an assortment. Right now he seems to enjoy our feet, shoes and the house pillows… LOL :blink:

Congrats on your new baby, and we want to see some PICS!!! LOL

I forgot to add food bowls, I always use the stainless steel ones...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and welcome to you and Rosie. I love her name. Call her Rosebud (Rosie for short ), but it would be okay to change her name too. You will love this site, lots of great information, and lots of great people to ask questions, give advice, and share their experiences. There is really great information on the Home page under The English Bulldog Learning Centre, called Welcoming Home Your New Bulldog Puppy. Check it out.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations! A whole lot of love and attention, a good bed, stainless steel food dishes and some strong toys and chews and you should be set. She won't get confused if you decide to give her a new name. This site is like 100+ Bulldog encyclopedias put into one. :D Welcome to EBN!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I bet your super excited!!!!!
Don't forget to take Picts .... Lots of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and congrats on your new little girl! Name changing will not confuse her at all, it will be fine to change it.

Must haves --- lots of durable toys to chew on - those puppy teeth are sharp! Nylabones, Kongs are good starts

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi! Welcome to EBN. Changing her name at this young age is fine. Truth be told they don't listen half the time no matter what you call them!!! lol. How exciting for you to finally have your baby coming home. Lots of pics are required. I think everyone else has you covered on essential items. Just be careful with stuffies and ropes until you find out if your baby is a chewer or not. Mine are terrible chewers and stuffies die a horrible death within minutes in my house!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congrats! I haven't ever had a puppy... mine are both rescues. There is NOTHING like being owned by a bully!

GOD bless you for saving lives! Both of mine were re-homes, I'd love
a puppy but know now, I'm always going to look for those bullies needing
a home...just the way it is <3

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.