4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
So the last couple days Dooley has been rubbing his head (both sides) on the floor as if to scratch his face, or so I thought. So I kept checking his folds and everything looked nice and clean. I do a pretty good job at keeping all the problem areas clean and dry. Well this morning he was doing it again coupled with rolling on his back and rubbing his ears on the couch. When he got up I saw some crust like flakes on the floor. So I looked in his ear and sure enough there was some sort of dried scab looking area in his ear. Other than that one spot the ear looks clean. I did also notice its a tad red and hot temp wise. But this could have been to him rubbing it on the floor/couch. He also would not sit very still for me to investigate further and he usually lets me rub his ears as he like it A LOT. Does this sound like some sort of infection/allergy maybe? We were going to the vet tomorrow anyway to get his nails trimmed. So can I hold off a day or is it best to get there today?

And now some Dooley pics for your viewing pleasure

IMG_3598.jpgIMG_3693.jpgIMG_3716.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Paul, it sounds like Mr Dooley has an ear infection, being that its red and warm, and he's scratching at it. Also tilting the head, and favouring it, not letting you touch his ear are all signs that he might have an ear infection. If he will let you, you can try cleaning his ear with an ear cleaner, or some hydrogen peroxide, you can also try using some over the counter Polysporin eardrops from the drugstore. Since you are going to the vets tomorrow to have his nails trimmed, you can have him check his ear at the same time. Cleaning out his ear may help, but he may need an antibiotic to clear it up, but the vet is the best person to assess that. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted as to what the vet said.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep --- sure signs of one. I would get the vet to check cause once it is there, you'll need some form of antibiotic drops to clear it up.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Yea that is what I was thinking. His ears are clean since he does not fight me on cleaning them, I get to them quite often. Thanks for the reply and Ill let you know what the vet says

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It does sound like an ear infection… I hope that Dooley feels better soon!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet will get him fixed up. Nothing like a Mr. Dooley fix first thing in the morn! Good pics! :2thumbs:

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
We went to the vet earlier and sure enough, he had an ear infection. He said it was very minor and we caught it at a good time. So they cleaned up both ears and put some BNT Ointment in both as well.

Thanks es everyone for the help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.