OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Eleanor's Kennel name will be "All You Need is Love" once we spay her and get her AKC paperwork from the breeder. He wont release her papers until we spay her.

This may be a dumb question but is there a difference between "kennel name" and AKC registered name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This may be a dumb question but is there a difference between "kennel name" and AKC registered name?

Yes.... Some breeders ask you to put their kennel name as part of the registered AKC name. Especially if you plan on showing. The registered name must be unique and no other bully our there can have the same name. I think that is why the incredibly fun names started. I remember one that was called Pizza in the Sky. That sure made me giggle. Her real name was normal though!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most breeders want their kennel name first especially when the pups go to a show home. It's not easy coming up with a good name.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas's name comes from a long list, his AKC papers is Sir Elton John, then when he was bought he was named Diesel, then when I adopted him at almost 5 months old from the previous owner that had no time to spend with him and were still friends, I named him Vegas. He was a wedding present to me after my husband and I eloped to Vegas.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Most breeders want their kennel name first especially when the pups go to a show home. It's not easy coming up with a good name.

It's definitely not! Lol. I brought Riggins home in September and I've been trying ever since! 😜 Drives me crazy thinking about it!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Around here the breeders give puppys their kennel names and they also will be their registered names. Usko is "Bridgeways Star Of Hope" and Voitto is "Wallbreakers Grandpa Grumple"....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.