Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is it important to trim nails?

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is it important to trim nails?

Living here in HOT FL. Vegas only goes out to potty and back, he does not naturally wear his nails down. I take him about every 5 weeks to get them dremeled at Petsmart, it's only $12 and saves him the pain and saves our leather furniture because they round them.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I've also noticed that if I'm behind on trimming I may see the start of an interdigital cyst coming sometimes. I get em trimmed and it never flares up and goes away. I completely agree about keeping them trimmed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never even thought of that!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tallulah
    Likes (Received)

Tallulah's nails were really long when she came home, so I've been having them cut every three weeks. Last time was the first time I didn't hear the clatter on the hardwood floors constantly. I didn't realize how on-edge it was making me. But they're still long, so it came back pretty quickly. We probably have a couple more rounds until they're nice and short and comfortable for her. Once we're not going constantly, I'll probably have them Dremel'ed, too. We do go for a walk most days and I stick to the sidewalk for most of it, but if she can walk on the grass verge, she will, so I don't think they get worn down by the concrete much.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

I bought a little cordless Dremel a couple weeks ago. I had been cutting and filing. Henry does real good so I was pretty sure he wouldn't fuss much. It's awesome, easy and quick. I had one of the battery grinders that my granny have me. It worked great as a puppy but not as a bigger pup. Thanks for reminding us how important this is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads