Worried

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
This showed up two day after putting flea and tick meds on her, that the vet gave us. I noticed it a couple hours after I gave her a bath. I used the same shampoo I have been using and I haven't changed her food. So I think it the flea and tick meds. Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 101

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
hi it could just be a reaction to the meds as bullies are known to have sensitive skin. has Aurora used that brand of flea meds before? if it doesnt calm down or gets worse soon id phone the vet that prescribed them to you for more information.

also - if its one that you squirt onto the furr rather than a tablet im not sure about others but my vet says not to bathe them for a while after applying as your basically washing the treatment straight off and might as well have not used it. xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give it some time to settle down.... if breathing is labored or change i behavior, get her to the vet.

OP
N

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
It was the type you put on the fur and it said to wait 48 hour after to give her a bath so I did. This is the first time she has had flea and tick meds

OP
N

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
She is acting fine and her nose is still cold and wet. She is just itchy where it is at

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
They just switched Roxie to Nexgard, we have used Frontline for years. Maybe you could try something like that… but do NOT use Triflexis!!!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
It's probably a allergy to flea/tick ointment. Try a different brand next time. It could also be because it's her first time. It may not happen again. Give it time:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi it's probably a reaction to the flea medication. Try giving her a Benadryl for the itching. Did she just have the flea medication or did she have other vaccines as well? Our vet has us give a Benadryl about an hour before they get their shots, and if they are due for more than a couple of shots, she spaces them out instead of giving them all at once, so they have less of a chance of having a reaction

OP
N

NikitaH

Feb 28, 2014
Country
Untied states
Bulldog(s) Names
Aurora
She had shots as well

Most Reactions