Riggins is at the ER

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Re: Riggins is at the ER 😞

Just read this, so happy Riggins is doing ok!!! What a sweet face

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman

Sherman had the exact same thing when he was about 9 months. They finally gave him barium in order to get the gas moving. We cut back his feedings and he has to be calm for 30 to 45 minutes after he eats. No similar issues since. It was scary though so I an glad he is back home!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

I'm glad your Sherman is fine after cutting back his feedings. I'm going to do the same with Rigs and get him back on Fromm. It's definitely scary to hear bloat! I'm just glad it's πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ˜ƒ
ma8ajy5a.jpg
Here is his birthday pic today πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh Happy 1st Birthday Riggins!!! Sorry it started out in the ER… what a way to party… LOL :dance:

:birthday6:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

Such a cutie! Happy Birthday Riggins! So glad you are home to enjoy your birthday celebration and are feeling better!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I am just reading this now and as I getter further down the thread I see Riggins is home what a relief, So happy he is all good.

Happy Birthday Riggins you beautiful boy

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Happy birthday handsome!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Thanks everyone! I did Riggins little party tonight and let him have a few tiny bites of his cake. And he got his new toy πŸ˜ƒ He's doing really well! I'm so happy and thankful it just seemed to be gas.
6e6a4yty.jpg
anamy3yr.jpg
gatajyda.jpg
3ybavepe.jpg
9amahyru.jpg

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo

Happy Birthday Riggins!! These are the cutest pictures ever!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey

Those are the cutest pictures EVER:w00t: So glad to read he's home and well:) My heart always stops a little when I see a "At the ER thread". So sorry for the losses you've had lately:*( good you took Riggins in so quickly, hugs to you both:hug:

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ He loved his birthday! ❀️ Mine does the same Petra! I hate reading anything about a bullie hurting 😞 I feel like it's my own when something is wrong with one on here! All one big bullie family! ❀️

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian

Whew so glad he is better

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Aww love his Birthday pictures, he's so cute. I'm so glad he's feeling better, and agree with your decision to cut back his food, we also cut back to 1 cup twice a day feelings with our guys when they turned a year old, and we have been feeding the Fromm's Beef Frittata for the last 21 months, and they have been doing really well on it, no skin or allergy issues, no gas, and good poops. If he did well on the Fromm's, it might be a good idea to switch him back. I hope he doesn't get the gas back, and continues to improve.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

I had him back at the vet Wed evening. He just wasn't himself. 😞 His vet took more X-rays. These were digital so they were much much more clear than the ER. She was very happy that most all of the gas had cleared out of his tummy. His intestines were still full. And he did have an obstruction. She did not believe it was a foreign body though and was not too concerned because he was still pooping and passing gas. She did send it to the radiologist to read and he agreed. She put him on some meds to help push everything out of him. And we are transitioning him back to his Fromm. It's Friday today and he seems much better. So I think we are slowly getting there.

Unfortunately on his X-ray it did also show his hips. His right hip is out of place. It's not bothering him or I can't tell if it is as of yet. It just happened to be seen on the X-ray. Eventually he will need surgery on his hip. 😞 Poor little guy. But she said we will wait on that as long as we can until it is bothering him.

Most Reactions

πŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.