Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Re: Riggins is at the ER 😞

Hi, just reading this post this morning, I'm so glad that Rigins is okay, and back home with you. Hoping he continues to improve and is back to himself soon. Also want to wish Riggins a happy birthday, hope you have a great day buddy, and feel better so you can enjoy your birthday.

Im so sorry for the loss of your two Boston Terrier babies, they really do take a piece of our hearts with them when they go, and leave a paw print on our hearts as well.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)

:fart:
Thank you! I was so scared but I'm so happy it seems to just be lots of gas. He is tooting some so that is good. I worry so much about him so I'll probably check his tummy 1000 times today!  But I am so happy he is home!!! He is laying on my pillow next to my head. ❀️

Soooo glad to read this, BUT, are you sure you want a bully full of gas laying next to your head??? Just sayin'

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

I'm happy little Riggins is home and snuggled up with you!!!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

So soory about your recent loss :(...good thing you stuck to your gut and immediately went to the vet. So happy Riigins is on the mends...keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Soooo glad to read this, BUT, are you sure you want a bully full of gas laying next to your head??? Just sayin'[/QUOTE]

Amazing WHAT we put up with in our insane, impossible to explain
LOVE for these bullies. I NEVER would have guessed I would either :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Thank you so much everyone! Riggins is home with me!! I just picked him up. The bloating has gone down some and the X-ray was better as well. ο˜ƒ The dr said that I need to give him gas-x with his food. I'm also going to feed him in smaller meals during the day. The dr wasn't sure exactly why he ended up with all that gas in his tummy. He did say that Rigs was full of food. He had eaten 4 1/2 hours before the X-ray so he shouldn't have been so full. After talking to the dr, we decided that we are going to slowly transition him back his old Fromm food from the Canidae he is now on. The pieces are smaller for him to digest and he didn't have these gas issues while on Fromm. They did tell me that I did the right thing by calling them and rushing him in. Based on the drs initial exam, he really thought he had bloat and not just terrible gas. He said time is of the essence when it comes to possible bloat so never question it. Get your bullie checked just to be safe. ο˜ƒ I am so happy to have him home with me to snuggle. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words!

If I might ask...why did you take him off his old food? Also, how much
do you feed at each meal (what is his weight & age, again, please).
What treats might he had yesterday to create this issue?

All the above so as to help us understand & avoid the same~Thanks!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

@Rigginsluv11 You're a good mommy for doing what you did! Thank gosh, who would ever imagine we would be so happy about bully farts!! :D

Happy Birthday Riggs, you super cutie!! :birthday::birthday::birthday:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmΓ€
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

It is happy b-day for Riggings then!:judges::wave5::musicband::party::jumping::confetti:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thank you! I was so scared but I'm so happy it seems to just be lots of gas. He is tooting some so that is good. I worry so much about him so I'll probably check his tummy 1000 times today!  But I am so happy he is home!!! He is laying on my pillow next to my head. ❀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEAH... so glad he is doing well and it was just gas!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm JUST now reading this… I'm so sorry you had such a scare w/Riggins!!! I'm so glad that he's home now, and doing much better...

I'm also very sorry to hear about all of your losses… I have lost 3 dogs in the last year, and I know how devastating that can be. You obviously care very deeply for your babies… everyone here at EBN has been unbelievably supportive and caring to me and my family. Please know that we are ALL here for you as well… :assurred:

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)

So glad to hear he's doing good & it wasn't serious. Good thing you took him in right away though. Now on to the Birthday celebrations!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

:fart:

Soooo glad to read this, BUT, are you sure you want a bully full of gas laying next to your head??? Just sayin'

As long as he is home with me, I'll take the toots! πŸ’¨πŸ’¨ haha πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

@Rigginsluv11 You're a good mommy for doing what you did! Thank gosh, who would ever imagine we would be so happy about bully farts!! :D

Happy Birthday Riggs, you super cutie!! :birthday::birthday::birthday:

Hahaha I know right!! I get excited when he toots! He seems so much more comfortable and his belly looks much more normal now. πŸ˜ƒ just need to get all the gas out of there! πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

CharleisMom

Mar 18, 2014
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlei

So Relieved to hear Riggins is OK!!! You guys need to have a snuggle stress free day!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Thank you so much everyone! Riggins is home with me!! I just picked him up. The bloating has gone down some and the X-ray was better as well. ο˜ƒ The dr said that I need to give him gas-x with his food. I'm also going to feed him in smaller meals during the day. The dr wasn't sure exactly why he ended up with all that gas in his tummy. He did say that Rigs was full of food. He had eaten 4 1/2 hours before the X-ray so he shouldn't have been so full. After talking to the dr, we decided that we are going to slowly transition him back his old Fromm food from the Canidae he is now on. The pieces are smaller for him to digest and he didn't have these gas issues while on Fromm. They did tell me that I did the right thing by calling them and rushing him in. Based on the drs initial exam, he really thought he had bloat and not just terrible gas. He said time is of the essence when it comes to possible bloat so never question it. Get your bullie checked just to be safe. ο˜ƒ I am so happy to have him home with me to snuggle. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words!

If I might ask...why did you take him off his old food? Also, how much
do you feed at each meal (what is his weight & age, again, please).
What treats might he had yesterday to create this issue?

All the above so as to help us understand & avoid the same~Thanks!

We switched him to the Canidae All Life Stages per the recommendation of my friend. He actually bought Riggins for me after I lost my first Boston. He has fed his bullie the Canidae virtually his whole life and raved about it. It was MUCH cheaper than the Fromm so we transitioned him over maybe month and a half to two months ago. It just seems like the gas has come out of nowhere. His chin bumps seem worse. His coat doesn't seem as good. So I was just talking with my husband yesterday about transitioning back. He didn't have these problems before. It could be a coincidence but maybe it's not.

Riggins is a petite male. He is 1 today and weighs 32lbs. He gets 1 cup at breakfast around 7am, 1/2 cup for lunch around 12:30 and 1 cup for dinner at 5:30. My regular vet says that he looks excellent. He does not get any human foods at all, ever. He rarely gets treats either unless I'm trying to train him and even then, it is a tiny piece. He is allowed to get little treats when I take him to Lowes so that's a big trip for him! 😊 The only thing he had differently yesterday was a very small treat that was homemade just for dogs. It had sweet potato, apples and cranberries. He got that at the local pet store/bulldog rescue. But the was very small as well. Nothing seemed different.

He is doing so much better now! He is running around and being crazy. It's probably because we just took a nap. πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you all again so much! It was so nice to know I could come here to feel some support. Not everyone understands how how these bullies take our hearts instantly! He sure scared me!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.