Riggins is at the ER

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
My poor Riggins stomach seemed a little bloated tonight. It kind of felt a little firm to me but the part that bothered me most was how uncomfortable he was. He would let out a little moan when I pushed on his tummy. I took him to bed and normally he will just lay down. This time he would lay down, get up and move, lay down, get up....over and over. So I called the ER after reading up about bloat. They told me to bring him in immediately. They said bloat is incredibly serious and can potentially be life threatening. So I rushed him in. The dr felt his tummy and Rigs let out a big moan. He immediately took two X-rays. The dr said his stomach looked pretty good but he did have some gas in there on one side. He was concerned enough to keep him. He said he just wasn't comfortable sending him home. He wanted to watch him over night and repeat the X-ray later to compare. I am praying that it is just gas but I'm so worried. ๐Ÿ˜ž It's 4am here and I haven't even shut my eyes once. I lost both of my Boston Terriers within the last 9 months. I lost my 8 yr old BT back in July from seizures caused by a brain tumor. Then 3 weeks ago I lost my 12 yr old BT. I am positive that he died of a broken heart after he lost his sister. I cannot bare to even think about anything happening to my Riggins. ๐Ÿ˜ข And it's also his 1st birthday today. I just want me baby boy home with me!
ubu9e9a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Re: Riggins is at the ER ๐Ÿ˜ž

I Pray for Riggins that this little Guy will be ok. He is a Beauty. I know all to well what it is like to loose a beloved pet. I lost 2 last year two days apart, My Boston Terrier had Seizures that were too much for her, she was 10, and My Poodle he was 15, had kidney failure. This past weekend I lost MY Louie Bear, a Shih Tzu to heart failure and My Mixed Terrier Gizmo to diabetes, both were 13years young. It is so hard. I bet your Riggins like the Dr. said just had gas on his stomach, keep us posted on him. Give Riggins a Hug and Kiss from me.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I know all to well what it is like to loose a beloved pet. I lost 2 last year two days apart, My Boston Terrier had Seizures that were too much for her, she was 10, and My Poodle he was 15, had kidney failure. This past weekend I lost MY Louie Bear, a Shih Tzu to heart failure and My Mixed Terrier Gizmo to diabetes, both were 13 years young. It is so hard.

Susan, my dear friend...sincerest condolences for these terrible losses!
I'm just so sorry for you, knowing the pain & loss within your heart.
Holding you close in thought & prayer...May GOD's comfort be with you :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

My poor Riggins stomach seemed a little bloated tonight. It kind of felt a little firm to me but the part that bothered me most was how uncomfortable he was. He would let out a little moan when I pushed on his tummy. I took him to bed and normally he will just lay down. This time he would lay down, get up and move, lay down, get up....over and over. So I called the ER after reading up about bloat. They told me to bring him in immediately. They said bloat is incredibly serious and can potentially be life threatening. So I rushed him in. The dr felt his tummy and Rigs let out a big moan. He immediately took two X-rays. The dr said his stomach looked pretty good but he did have some gas in there on one side. He was concerned enough to keep him. He said he just wasn't comfortable sending him home. He wanted to watch him over night and repeat the X-ray later to compare. I am praying that it is just gas but I'm so worried. ๏˜ž It's 4am here and I haven't even shut my eyes once. I lost both of my Boston Terriers within the last 9 months. I lost my 8 yr old BT back in July from seizures caused by a brain tumor. Then 3 weeks ago I lost my 12 yr old BT. I am positive that he died of a broken heart after he lost his sister. I cannot bare to even think about anything happening to my Riggins. ๏˜ข And it's also his 1st birthday today. I just want me baby boy home with me!

Wow, so many losses and such hard ones...I'm so sorry~My condolences!

Praying Riggins will totally be well and sending big hugs of sympathy, hope
& strength. May GOD keep him safe from harm <3

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

Keeping Riggins in my thoughts and prayers that he gets better soon.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza

Oh dear :( I hope Higgins is alright, poor baby and you, please keep updating us on how Higgins, I don't blame you I would not be sleeping either. Thinking of you :hug2:Hopefully he will be home soon.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)

Oh praying so hard it is nothing serious!! Keep us posted!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)

Sending prayers for Riggins to be fine and be back in your arms at home soon!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

Poor Riggins and poor you. That is scary when there is the possibility of bloat. I hope that they took good care of him and he feels much better today.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker

Sorry to hear about your baby, not having him with you is so stressful, but IF something is wrong he is at the best place, hopefully it's just terrible gas, keep us posted.i hope you get a call that all is better today!!!

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Thank you so much everyone! Riggins is home with me!! I just picked him up. The bloating has gone down some and the X-ray was better as well. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The dr said that I need to give him gas-x with his food. I'm also going to feed him in smaller meals during the day. The dr wasn't sure exactly why he ended up with all that gas in his tummy. He did say that Rigs was full of food. He had eaten 4 1/2 hours before the X-ray so he shouldn't have been so full. After talking to the dr, we decided that we are going to slowly transition him back his old Fromm food from the Canidae he is now on. The pieces are smaller for him to digest and he didn't have these gas issues while on Fromm. They did tell me that I did the right thing by calling them and rushing him in. Based on the drs initial exam, he really thought he had bloat and not just terrible gas. He said time is of the essence when it comes to possible bloat so never question it. Get your bullie checked just to be safe. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I am so happy to have him home with me to snuggle. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi

OMG this broke my heart reading this but such a great update! I have been a little absent from the site lately so I hate coming back to things like this its so heartbreaking :{ but i am SO HAPPY he is home and safe and doing batter. YAY :D:)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

Yay!! I'm so glad you have Riggings home with you. Happy birthday sweet boy. Now you can celebrate.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

Thank you! I was so scared but I'm so happy it seems to just be lots of gas. He is tooting some so that is good. I worry so much about him so I'll probably check his tummy 1000 times today! ๐Ÿ˜Š But I am so happy he is home!!! He is laying on my pillow next to my head. โค๏ธ

Most Reactions

๐Ÿ“ฐ Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.