So worried, Joey is acting sick:'(

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Leaving for the vet in an hour, they're only opened between 5pm - 6:30pm today:(

She was acting normal last night but this morning she had puked up some yellow liquid and her breathing is not normal... it's like she's got slime in her airways or something. I'm so scared:*( She ate a little that I hand fed her this morning and she is drinking but I can tell she's not feeling well. She's shivering a little and acts tired. We'll be at the vets office in 3 hours time as it's a two hours drive. I really hope it's just something simple and that I'm overreacting, she's my everything. She's sleeping next to me on couch now<3 We'll get ready to leave soon, please keep her in your thoughts:cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh no.... Petra you've had your fill these past couple of months! So hope she just has a little cold and it is nothing serious. Hugs and prayers to you and Joey!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry to hear Joey isn't feeling well Petra. I hope the vet can figure out what's wrong and she can get the proper treatment she needs. I hope it's nothing serious and just a cold or virus, and she will feel better soon. It's so worrisome when our guys don't feel well, and we just know when something isn't right, or when they aren't acting like themselves. It's always a good idea to have a vet check when in doubt, and there's no such thing as overreacting, it's better safe than sorry. Sending love, hugs and prayers that she's okay. Please keep us posted on what the vet says.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Petra! Prayers covering dear Joey & y'all, sending hugs of comfort <3
Hoping it's minor and she's back to good, asap~keep us updated, Honey.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no, I'm so sorry Petra. She's in my prayers that it's nothing serious.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO Petra… I'm just now seeing this!!! You have really been put thru the ringer the last couple of months, I'm so so sorry… Sending lots of hugs & prayers for sweet Joey!!! :pray:
Please give us an update as soon as you hear something… :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Petra, Praying :pray:very hard that Joey will be fine. So sorry to hear this news. We are all praying:pray:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Thank you guys<3 We're back from the vet and Joey came home with us:) She's got an airway infection and it started to spread to her lungs, seems like we got it in time though. She didn't have any fever or symptoms at all at the vet of course, it's so typical:facepalm2:

He did a blood test and he said the white blood cells very quite busy but he believe she will be fine from this medicine we got for her. She's on antibiotics and we got a powder called Bromhexine or something... I'm so tired now I can't even think straight:ashamed: He said if she's still acting sick and doesn't wanna eat tomorrow we will have to bring her in for x-rays. She did eat now when we got home so I hope she'll only get better from here:)

As worried as I was I couldn't help but smile at Joey while at the vet. She's SO funny. The faces she makes while he's checking her are priceless, I almost laughed out loud when he put the thermometer in her butt, her face spoke a thousand words:tongue: She was fine with him giving her the first shot, at the second one she gave him the stinky eye and by the third one she was fed up and she turned around and it was like she said "WTF man, are you serious?"

So glad to be home with her, I was so sad and worried earlier. It's been quite rough lately. At least now we can all hopefully get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is off here in South Africa, so thankful for that:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:dance5: [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] I am doing a happy dance for you and Joey-glad she is back home and hope she improves with her meds! Good thing her Mama is so tuned in to her!:blowkiss:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Joey is happy her Momma is such a great bully pawrent!

I'm laughing too as Cami makes faces when I walk in with wipes,
q-tips & witch hazel, hysterical!

Praying for fast & full recovery for Joey, get some REST...Love to all <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that Joey is on the mend… You will have to video tape Joey at the vets, I'm dying to see her facial expressions!!! :w00t:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online