Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Just checking in and so happy to see the vet knows what's wrong with her, and she is getting treatment. I hope she feels better soon, and back to her self. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, feel better sweet girl. Our story of her facial expressions made me laugh. Thanks for the update. So glad she's back home with you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you guys<3 We're back from the vet and Joey came home with us:) She's got an airway infection and it started to spread to her lungs, seems like we got it in time though. She didn't have any fever or symptoms at all at the vet of course, it's so typical:facepalm2:

He did a blood test and he said the white blood cells very quite busy but he believe she will be fine from this medicine we got for her. She's on antibiotics and we got a powder called Bromhexine or something... I'm so tired now I can't even think straight:ashamed: He said if she's still acting sick and doesn't wanna eat tomorrow we will have to bring her in for x-rays. She did eat now when we got home so I hope she'll only get better from here:)

As worried as I was I couldn't help but smile at Joey while at the vet. She's SO funny. The faces she makes while he's checking her are priceless, I almost laughed out loud when he put the thermometer in her butt, her face spoke a thousand words:tongue: She was fine with him giving her the first shot, at the second one she gave him the stinky eye and by the third one she was fed up and she turned around and it was like she said "WTF man, are you serious?"

So glad to be home with her, I was so sad and worried earlier. It's been quite rough lately. At least now we can all hopefully get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is off here in South Africa, so thankful for that:)

So happy she is going to be fine.... good catch momma! Know your babies really does mean something

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear she's feeling better and I pray it's all better from here. Happy you have tomorrow off too! ;)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So glad that you caught it in time and she seems to be feeling better. I hope that she gets back to her normal self quickly and you are able to get some rest.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thank you guys<3 We're back from the vet and Joey came home with us:) She's got an airway infection and it started to spread to her lungs, seems like we got it in time though. She didn't have any fever or symptoms at all at the vet of course, it's so typical:facepalm2:

He did a blood test and he said the white blood cells very quite busy but he believe she will be fine from this medicine we got for her. She's on antibiotics and we got a powder called Bromhexine or something... I'm so tired now I can't even think straight:ashamed: He said if she's still acting sick and doesn't wanna eat tomorrow we will have to bring her in for x-rays. She did eat now when we got home so I hope she'll only get better from here:)

As worried as I was I couldn't help but smile at Joey while at the vet. She's SO funny. The faces she makes while he's checking her are priceless, I almost laughed out loud when he put the thermometer in her butt, her face spoke a thousand words:tongue: She was fine with him giving her the first shot, at the second one she gave him the stinky eye and by the third one she was fed up and she turned around and it was like she said "WTF man, are you serious?"

So glad to be home with her, I was so sad and worried earlier. It's been quite rough lately. At least now we can all hopefully get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is off here in South Africa, so thankful for that:)

Happy she is on the mend.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm so happy that the sweet angel is home and feeling a bit better. We have to keep this new star of ours happy and healthy!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Joey slept late this morning... but that's not unusual:tongue: At 10 she had breakfast in bed and her medicines, she ate it all with good appetite:) She seems happy and she hasn't puked or coughed up any slime today so far. I'm gonna go take her out now and see how she does.

I'm wondering... winter is coming to South Africa and during the nights it can get down to around 65 degrees F inside right now as we don't have indoor heating here. That shouldn't be a problem right? She's got a very nice thick bed and I put a blanket over her when I tuck her in for the night.

I'm gonna do that steam shower thingy for her once we get municipality water back. It's been off now for a few days and the pump we have is so weak it can't work up a good steam:mellow:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Happy your Baby Joey is doing better, Give her Hugs and Kisses from me.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Speedy recovery for the litte lady. keeping you both in my thoughts :hug:.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If is only gets down to 65....that isn't too bad. As long as your talking Fahrenheit and not Celsius, cause that would be HOT. You take very good care of her Petra.....she will be fine. During the chilly mornings and late nights, you might want to get her a sweat shirt or hoodie. How big is she? I have several of Vegas's that he's too skinny for now. I can easily send you one to help keep Joey warm. I know Vegas would want to help keep that gorgeous girl healthy.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Hopeing for a fast recovery! and glad shes doing well. I laughed so hard when you were talking about her reactions because I know ALL of those faces and everyone came to mind hahahaha

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
If is only gets down to 65....that isn't too bad. As long as your talking Fahrenheit and not Celsius, cause that would be HOT. You take very good care of her Petra.....she will be fine. During the chilly mornings and late nights, you might want to get her a sweat shirt or hoodie. How big is she? I have several of Vegas's that he's too skinny for now. I can easily send you one to help keep Joey warm. I know Vegas would want to help keep that gorgeous girl healthy.

I mean Fahrenheit:) it's not so cold... but when summer here turns to winter it feels SUPER COLD for some reason... guess we're so used to the warm weather:unsure: So nice of you and Vegas to offer Joey a dress:heart: but I don't want to be of any trouble for you, and Joey is pretty puffy:blush2: She weighs about 25kg (55 punds). She's been to thick for the ones I've bought for them in the past, Boeboe and Bennie can fit in to them but not Joey:( She's got a very wide chest...

She's been doing really good today, she's basically back to her normal self:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online