Finally got the weight issue perfected.

B

Baxter Tiberius

This has been a big pain in my rear since I got Baxter. So I'm glad we got it figured out finally. He was extremely underweight on Raw, but I did not want him to be obese and struggling because of Kibble. So I found this amazing frozen "whole food" pet food that is low-heat cooked. Then added a little "safe" carb-based kibble. Now his weight seems perfect to me. He's not obese - so no breathing issues, and can run, jump and be very active. And he's not too skinny - seeing skin and bones.

Anyways it turns out this is his perfect regimen:

Farm Fresh Pet Food (Cooked version - Chicken or Beef): 1/2 lb
Blue Buffalo Basic (Sweet Potatoes & Turkey): 1/2 cup

3x a day.

The Blue buffalo people told me it contains exactly 45% carbohydrates. So that was perfect. Added a little healthy carb (sweet potatoes) to the other stuff which is 100% protein only. He filled out great. The "Basic" line is actually marketed to English Bulldogs, and while its not a "four star" rated food, the ingredients looked great to me.

I may plump him up just a *tiny* bit more. He's still filling out though. Just hitting the 1 year mark. But definitely watching his diet and its paying off in so many ways. Very happy.

IMAGE_75.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Baxter looks great. I am glad you were able to find a food that works well for him.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work..... He looks fantastic

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Still seems a bit skinny to me, but everyone comments that he's "the perfect weight" at the park.

Still he looks like a rail compared to most english bulldogs. Maybe I'll plump him a little more lol

-B-

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.