The new boy is doing well with the others so far.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Well, it's been 2 days and so far there haven't been too many problems. Bertie keeps barking and growling at Spike, but he's a good boy and loves his crate. He is going to the vet today to be checked out, as I think he is a tad under weight. I also want the vet to look at his back, as the person that gave him to me says they are hot spots, but I don't think so. These people didn't really know how to care for bulldogs. His eyes are very red and his lids look a little crusty, so I am having that checked also. Then he is getting all of his vaccines today too. He will have to be neutered in a couple weeks also.

Here's a picture of all three of my babies..Bertie in the back, my cocker Dexter and the new addition Spike in the bottom right.
20140426_094621.jpg

Here is Spike, you can see his eyes here.
20140426_094358.jpg

This is Bertie laying in the floor!
20140426_094438.jpg

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I just realized that none of these pictures are right side up! Sorry...don't know how to fix that!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bertie does not seem happy in that last picture..... The spots look dry

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think Bertie knows what to think yet! She tries to take spikes bones and he growls at her. He really loves his crate! I took Spike to the vet today...they put him on antibiotics once a day for 2 weeks for his skin and I am also giving him a keto-shampoo bath twice a week. They also gave Spike some ointment for his eyes to use twice a day. He also got his shots today...he almost bit the vet....they poked his leg 4 or 5 times and kept missing the vein, so then Spike was just mad.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy, I'd get upset too after 5 times!! I hope they will get along good and that his eyes are ok.

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet put the eye ointment in today, I have to do it later this evening...I hope he lets me do it! Spike also got his bath today....I have to do it twice a week for a few weeks. It was really easy, I took him to the car wash, and in the same business, they have a 24 hour do it yourself dog wash too! It has a ramp for him to walk up and you can connect his leash it costs $5 for 8 minutes, but while your time is counting down, you can add more moneys for extra time. Spike did really well. The people I got him from did not know a thing about bullies. I have to wait for the heartworm results....I can't believe that these people didn't even have him on heartworm preventative. His poor eyes are so red...I am hoping the antibiotic ointment will help.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's always amazing, the change in these babies once they get
what they need! Wish those people were the ONLY ones with
bullies and NO knowledge of them :(

A friend of the nurse that rehomed Brutus (my 1st bully) to me
saw him after I'd had him 5 months. She could not believe how
great he looked. He was such a mess when I got him, his face
stank, his wrinkles so infected. Thinning hair, sores, bald spots,
goopy eyes and horrible constant gas, ugh!

GOD bless you for giving him love, proper care & a forever home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't think Bertie knows what to think yet! She tries to take spikes bones and he growls at her. He really loves his crate! I took Spike to the vet today...they put him on antibiotics once a day for 2 weeks for his skin and I am also giving him a keto-shampoo bath twice a week. They also gave Spike some ointment for his eyes to use twice a day. He also got his shots today...he almost bit the vet....they poked his leg 4 or 5 times and kept missing the vein, so then Spike was just mad.

do you have anyone that can go with you to take them on walks together? does not have to be long, maybe just around the block or to the stop sign --- something to help them pack up?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.