Frank is home! - Recovery updates

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
So happy to hear that Frank is home and doing so well!! He had us all scared for a while, I can't imagine how you felt!! I hope he keeps improving every day 😊 Hugs to Frank from Riggins! 🐶🐾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
So happy o be reading this and see Frank is settling back in at home, I too had a vapouriser for my daughter who had problems and it seemed to work good.

Frank is very lucky to have you and your hubby as his parents.

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has been doing well - taking his medicine like a champ. I have managed to get him in the bathroom twice to steam and the second one time I remembered to try the eucalyptus oil. It made me actually breathe better! Frank did cough a bit more stuff up after it, so hopefully it is helping. I am not sure how steamy our bathroom gets because it is pretty large since it is a weird design where they put an extra storage area in the bathroom. So I am going to try a vaporizer as well as the bathroom steams.

Very tired since I haven't had much sleep in the last two nights. I think he would have slept better last night but we had thunderstorms of course. Good boy didn't let himself get worked up but he didn't sleep well. He is still breathing well and tongue and gums are nice and pink (which is so amazing to see now).

He is starting to feel more like himself. Yesterday he picked up one of his bones and growled at me a little, challenging me to take it from him (one of his favorite games). I didn't want him to get worked up, so I just held it while he chewed on it for awhile (another one of his favorite things). Things like that make me so happy to see. :)

He has three big shaved patches and two little ones where the skin is getting dry. I tried a bit of coconut oil on it. Does that work well or does anyone else have any suggestions for the dry skin patches that works well?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frank has been doing well - taking his medicine like a champ. I have managed to get him in the bathroom twice to steam and the second one time I remembered to try the eucalyptus oil. It made me actually breathe better! Frank did cough a bit more stuff up after it, so hopefully it is helping. I am not sure how steamy our bathroom gets because it is pretty large since it is a weird design where they put an extra storage area in the bathroom. So I am going to try a vaporizer as well as the bathroom steams.

Very tired since I haven't had much sleep in the last two nights. I think he would have slept better last night but we had thunderstorms of course. Good boy didn't let himself get worked up but he didn't sleep well. He is still breathing well and tongue and gums are nice and pink (which is so amazing to see now).

He is starting to feel more like himself. Yesterday he picked up one of his bones and growled at me a little, challenging me to take it from him (one of his favorite games). I didn't want him to get worked up, so I just held it while he chewed on it for awhile (another one of his favorite things). Things like that make me so happy to see. :)

He has three big shaved patches and two little ones where the skin is getting dry. I tried a bit of coconut oil on it. Does that work well or does anyone else have any suggestions for the dry skin patches that works well?

What a great update... baby steps! he will be back to himself in m=no time! Try aquaphor on the patches... works great on dry crusty noses!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so great to hear how well he's doing, and things seem to be settling down, and getting back to normal. I'm so glad he's breathing better, and starting to get back to himself. Coconut oil should work well for his dry skin, or you could even use a little bit of Polysporin on the dry areas.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wonderful news~Hugs n Kisses all around..."Go Frank, you are loved!"

Coconut is great and a couple slices of peeled Avocado 2-3 x weekly
is an amazing skin & coat food. Good for his heart too :)

GOD bless y'all today (and everyday), try to take a nice, long nap ;)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad to see that Frank is doing better… I was crazy busy yesterday, and I didn't get a chance to check in on you guys!!! So glad that everything worked out okay ;)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awwwww I'm so happy you're home with Frank, snuggle him 24 / 7!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So wonderful to hear that Frank is home, and taking his meds well. Frank is amazingly tough, you are blessed, and the place that you took him is a Godsend. I know you realize how wonderful this has turned out-and I am "over the moon" SO HAPPY for you!!!!! A true miracle story.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so happy for you! Great to hear he's starting to be himself ja on the road to full recovery. :hug::kiss3:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Great update so glad Frank is getting back to his old self slowly but surely!

OP
Biogirl71

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank you so much. It truly does feel like a miracle. While reading about everything Frank had going on, I came across a statistic that said roughly only 1/3 of bulldogs successfully come off a ventilator. I am beyond happy that Frank was able to pull through and is on the road to a successful recovery.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the support, advice, encouragement....it means the world to me that so many people were pulling for him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad to hear he's doing great! If you can put a towel in front of door jam cracks in the bathroom and make sure vent fans are off, he will get used to that routine fast I'm sure. 10 mins tops as it can get hot, then open doors to let some fresh air in for a minute then allow him to stay in the humid air for another 15-20 mins after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he is home and doing well. I hope he continues to get stronger everyday, and before long he will be running around like his ol' self again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.