new owner....is my bulldog real?

cali3outlaw

Apr 25, 2014
arizona
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
bowser
I have a 16 week old English bulldog, get allot of comments asking if hes mixed or what he is. Most often in question is his lack of wrinkles and longer legs? Do wrinkles develop with age? Love the dog either way!! just wanna make sure Im getting what was paid for him.(fully papered AKC) thanks
. DSC05716.jpg362.jpg358.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He looks 100% bully to me and 100% cuteness as well. Bullies take two years to fully grow, the first year they get their height, so legs look too long, and the second year they fill out and get the bully body. I always get asked if my male EB is mixed with a boxer.

Here's some pictures of my two guys Bulldozer and Blossom. They are siblings and litter mates, but have very different bodies. Dozer is leaner, and Blossom has a much larger chest, and is more stockier built than her brother, but they both weigh the same. Every bully is different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 209

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wow...what a cutie pie...could eat him up! Certainly looks all bully to me.

You'll find many threads asking this same question using the search option.

Bullies are different, different genes, genetics, traits, heritage, etc

They range from incredibly winkled, all in between to much smoother faces/body.

Some do get more wrinkled as they age, some wrinkle more on face than body.

A rule of thumb is, bullies grow up 1st year & a half, grow out the 2nd year to 3 years.

The head drops, broadens & develops in the 2nd year.

Congratulations on your puppy, enjoy him and welcome to EBN~GOD bless!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
:welcome: Bowser is so handsome and looks like a bullie to me, most people who comment have no idea what they are talking about. He is so so beautiful, enjoy your wonderful bulldog.

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
You have a beautiful baby! I'm going to be very blunt about this....but people are just stupid. I have been asked if bentley is a sharpei and a Pekingese of course the regular misconceptions of American bulldog or a pit bull. Oh and since bentley is slender- people always ask if something is wrong with him cause they have only seen chubby bulldogs. Unless people know breeds ....I mean know know breeds they normally are just idiots.

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
My little girl, Lola, is 20 weeks today (oh my goodness, time flies!!!) and we get the same questions and had the same fear(we have papers as well).

She grows tall one week and the next day we'll notice she grow rounder and then she'll grow tall again. He looks very similar to Lola's body shape right now...all legs!

He's a beautiful pup!

bahyruty.jpg
8epugyqa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Looks bully to me. As others have said. Usually up the first year and then out the 2nd year. Some are more lanky than others as young pups. Mine is just the opposite in that she grew up and out equally and will be 1 in a few weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have AKC full sisters. They look totally different in style-and personality. Same with MY sister and I (she was the good sister :pouting:)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes bullie's get more wrinkles the older they get. He's a darn good looking bully! :welcome: to EBN!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beauty.... :welcome3: to EBN ...... she is bully from what I can see

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She looks 100% bully to me… what a gorgeous baby!!! People are uninformed… I have a boxer, and every time I take her in public people think she's a pit :blink:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
That's a bullie all right! Matilda looked so awkward as a baby. All gangly stick legs! Hahahaha

matilda (112).jpgIMG_1226.jpg
Here she is at maybe 3 months, and now at almost 2 years!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.