The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
These guys are sneaky little devils aren't they? Yesterday morning I accidentally left the hallway gate open for a few minutes and Harlea and the instigator Aria went to our bedroom... It was laundry day as well so clothes were all over the place. After a few moments of silence I excuse myself from my conference call only to find Harlea and Aria huddled in the corner by the fireplace which usually means they are up to no good. Yep. I was right Harlea was chewing on one end of one of my socks from the laundry pile and Aria chewing on the other end.

Fast forward to this morning. About 5:30 I head Harlea start to throw up so naturally i am out of bed like a rocket to see what is going on. I turn on the light and don't see anything but Harlea staring at me say it's wake up time daddy so i decide to hit the bathroom... When I come out i am hit with this wall of the most putrid smell I have ever sniffed.... Look down in Harlea's crate and there it was.... Another one of my socks that she managed to suck down before I caught her. It just blows my mind that she was her normal crazy self with that thing in her tummy and afterwards she was like i'm hungry so feed me..... I definitely think I dodged a bullet with this one.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I know I shouldn't but because I've already read the ending, I'm laughing.
Altho...your title 'bout gave me a heart attack, 'lil devil is right!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It's all good. We just added another nickname to her list. Sock Muncher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:facepalm: good lord she has you on your toes 24/7

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Todd, welcome to my world. I believe Monica lives here as well! Brutus will eat anything not nailed down. All bedroom doors must be kept closed at all times. The other night I was making dinner and this early in the season I leave the sliding doors to the yard open when I am in the room so the doggies can run in and out and play. Well Frankie was sitting right next to me and Brucifer was missing in action. I went to find the little angel and lo and behold he was outside by the fire pit eating my shoe!!! They are all so quick. I am glad she threw it up. Although Poop Patrol is always fun :w00t:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have lots of experience with sock munching, Dozer has swallowed 4 socks in the past 2 years, 2 he has thrown up, and 2 he has managed to poop out. I still don't know how he gets them without us knowing, although 2 of them were my little grandsons socks, and he always takes them off. I also don't understand how they can swallow a sock and not choke on it, and how they act normal, eat, drink, poop with a sock in their belly. The lasts sock that Dozer swallowed was in his stomach for a month before he threw it up.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Oh my..that is scary! These bully's are no good hahahaha. Our Brutus eats everything and he loves socks so we have to be sure laundry is out of reach with him.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
This was totally my fault to begin with. My wife is home today so Harlea is just romping around the house like nothing happened and I have triple checked that the gate is closed. Just a bit paranoid right now. lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I just can't figure out why they are so obsessed about swallowing things. You are extremely lucky that she threw it up! I have gotten lucky myself like that. The only other breed I have had-who swallowed things, were Siberian Huskies-and even they were not as "obsessed " with that as the bullies are! Feed them the best-treat them like kings and queens, and they still want to eat $h^! :evil: So glad that Harlea is okay!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief, Harlea is a little sock monster… LOL I'm so glad that she threw it up, but gosh what a shock!!! I guess I will be back to that mess w/a new puppy!!! ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.