chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
If you want to see my first post , please read here:
Depression or maturity??? http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36933

So we are home after 3 hours at the vet scratching our heads!!!!

Roxy is not lazy because of maturity or depressions or worn out from playing with puppies. She is sick and we don't know what's wrong. Her gums are bleeding but nothing is wrong with them. Her teeth are fine also. They checked her tongue, all is fine.
They took her temperature and it was 104.5 F . Her blood work is good!!! They have her fluids and left the catheter in , in case I have to go to the emergency vet tonight. If she is ok over night , I have to bring her in tomorrow to get more fluids in and check her fever. They send some blood work to the lab for clotting times test. If this comes back normal they will so x rays.
Nobody knows what is wrong. First we thought something was stuck in her gums, then maybe tooth broken. Vet said it looks like rat poising but we have nothing out like that. She got into a little bit chocolate but this was so small amounts that the vet said this is not it. I am so upset.
This time last year roxy broke her leg. She needed a surgery and 8 week kennel rest. Three months ago I had Diesels tail removed and a week ago I had to go to the emergency vet because my cats lounge collapsed. We really don't need another vet bill but what do you do????
dasu6u6y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh poor Roxy. Thoughts and prayers are with you all for a quick recovery!!!! Sending lots of hugs

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... this is so strange and scary! Send many prayers and positive thoughts to you all

As of the bills.... look into Care Credit, if you haven't already.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no! Sorry you and you family and Roxy are going through this! Hope you have answers soon and nothing serious. This is indeed very scary. Sending good thought your way and to Roxy. Hope her fever disappears soon. I hear you with the vet bills argh.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Thank you all. I put a cold rag on her for the fever. She seams a little better. Gums look a lot better and so far I haven't seen any blood. I soaked her food and put a little cottage cheese on in and she ate it ( she refused the can food at the vet), so that's good sign! It will be a long night for sure.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So strange. I hope you have a quiet night.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now :( Went back and read 1st posting,
you did what I would have suggested, take her in. Hoping she's needing a
vitamin/mineral something but praying over her that cause will be found
& treatable.

I put a small amt in savings for my vet bills and pray nothing big happens.
Apply for Care Credit, it helps so much and paying you get a windfall :)
Give Roxy a kiss n hug from me & Cami, please update us~GOD bless!

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Yes I do have care credit. My vet doesn't accept it through. Diesels surgery we paid with it as he had it done at the UGA. And cats vet bill was emergency and he uses a different vet . I love Roxys vet. He was the best who could fix her leg when she broke it in two places and needed pins. They know her so well and actually the vet student who assisted in Diesels tail surgery at UGA is graduating and will be the new vet at my vets. They know us here, they know all my three dogs and know exactly for what I came with them. They are also nice enough to give me payment options so this helps a lot!!

I just really want to know what is wrong with her. I am scared to go to sleep!!! Last week I was woken up at 3 am by my cat who was dieing on the stairs. Worst feeling ever. I just want her to be better or at least know I can close my eyes and when I wake up she will be fine . I kick myself for not taking her in earlier. My mommy feeling was telling me something was wrong but I was telling myself she was just tired out!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes I do have care credit. My vet doesn't accept it through. Diesels surgery we paid with it as he had it done at the UGA. And cats vet bill was emergency and he uses a different vet . I love Roxys vet. He was the best who could fix her leg when she broke it in two places and needed pins. They know her so well and actually the vet student who assisted in Diesels tail surgery at UGA is graduating and will be the new vet at my vets. They know us here, they know all my three dogs and know exactly for what I came with them. They are also nice enough to give me payment options so this helps a lot!!

I just really want to know what is wrong with her. I am scared to go to sleep!!! Last week I was woken up at 3 am by my cat who was dieing on the stairs. Worst feeling ever. I just want her to be better or at least know I can close my eyes and when I wake up she will be fine . I kick myself for not taking her in earlier. My mommy feeling was telling me something was wrong but I was telling myself she was just tired out!!!

Nope...no beating yourself up...you are a great Mom and they are blessed
to have a wonderful home. We aren't GOD and don't know everything, we
do our best, Honey. Blessings too, you have great Vets & options to pay out
those bills, boy...do I know, Yucky! I'm just me and on disability, I can't take
in all that I used to, I panicked when Cami injured her rear leg 2 months back
and Vet suggested ACL surgery. It looks like she won't need it but still being
considered.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Could someone have given her something?

I am trying to go back in my head and think what all was happening the last few days.
Like I said before she got into chocolate but that's not it.
Hubby said he out grass fertilizer , so this is the only thing I could think off!!!! But the vet said she would have eaten it in big amounts?
I was painting walls the last few days but I had my paint up because of my almost 3 year old son, so this isn't it either.
Other then that , no. My gates are locked and nobody can come in the yard. I clean my yard daily , having three dogs and kids running in the yard. My neighbors wouldn't give her anything either. I watch them like crazy .

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy

Nope...no beating yourself up...you are a great Mom and they are blessed
to have a wonderful home. We aren't GOD and don't know everything, we
do our best, Honey. Blessings too, you have great Vets & options to pay out
those bills, boy...do I know, Yucky! I'm just me and on disability, I can't take
in all that I used to, I panicked when Cami injured her rear leg 2 months back
and Vet suggested ACL surgery. It looks like she won't need it but still being
considered.

My boxer injured her alc before Christmas. My vet put her on rymedril ( sp ?? ). She was in it for two months and she is fine now!!! No need for surgery. I still have some left and if I see hay she played rough or we walked long she will get a half of a dose for pain.

JoeR53

Jul 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blu Lily Gemma
What a scary situation! Please keep us updated on Roxy's condition.

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Poor Roxy!!! I hope she gets better or the vet finds out what's wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online