I've got my hands full with Fiona

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
When I adopted Herschel, I really lucked out. He was a year and a half old and so obedient. No improper chewing. No health problems. An angel. Fiona is completely the opposite. Lol!

Fiona is demanding, stubborn, interested in eating furniture, mouthy (sounds like a wookie), and attempting to be the alpha over both Herschel and me.

Tonight was the first time she and Herschel played outside. Until now, they ignored one another. They spun around with the butt bump, they ran around the car, she humped Herschel and that ended play time. He was miffed.

I love her. I find her quirkiness endearing and she will learn her boundries. I know they have to work out their pecking order.

I think she is testing us because for her who life she was crated, no toys, just puppies and nothing else.

I am lucky to have her in my life.

Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Owww thats so sweet! Seems like Fiona is keeping you and Herschel on your toes lol, it does sound like life is more exciting than ever with Princess Fiona around lol.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Awww I'm so happy to hear about their play time 😃 I am sure she feels just as lucky to have you in her life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm just grinning from ear to ear, GOD bless you for adopting Fiona.

She feels like she hit the Bully Lotto...and she did! I've had 2 adoptees,
and it does take time to adjust, settle in and figure out pecking order.
She's acting out a bit but sounds so adorable, I love quirkiness too and
love the vocal, wookie sounds some bullies make <3

Certainly Fiona brings the FUN with her, Cami & I send hugs n kisses to all!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm sure she will settle in soon, and they will get used to each other. Having freedom from being crated is new to her, and she probably doesn't know what to do with all her new found freedom, she has never had the opportunity to play, and be just a dog or a pet, or part of a family. She is learning, but will soon know that this is normal, so will settle in soon I'm sure. With love and patience things will work out. Congratulations again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is coming out of her shell and learning all these new things.... you will prevail with lots of patience and use the 'Noting in life is free' technique ---- it works wonders.

We are starting to use it with our foster Mia last night.... she is bursting from her shell and seems she was never corrected, but does have some idea of manners as she will sit and give paw.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
sounds like a fun home!!! keep the updates coming! and more pics please!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online