Depression or maturity???

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Roxy was always full of energy. She would run around, play with my 2 1/2 year old son. Get in trouble with him. She would jump on the trampoline with the kids, run behind the power wheelers , try to catch bees etc.I would have to lock her up when some of my friends came who's kids were scared of her because she was so hyper.
My friend has an 9 months old boxer who is still a puppy and loves to play. Perfect playmate for Roxy as my boxer is 8 and won't play and Diesel , my other bully is 4 and is full of laziness. So the boxer came to usfor a week two weeks ago. All was fine and they played and played and at the end if the day both of them were beat and were sleeping. Then after the boxer left, my other friend asked if I could watch her 7 months old boxer ( yes I have a lot of friends with boxer puppies!!! ). He came to is for 4 days . He sure was handful and after two days Roxy started to slow down. She did not want to play anymore as much, just sleep. I thought she just was so tired of playtime. Since the boxer left Roxy didn't change back to her self. She is sleeping more then ever, she doesn't play with the kids anymore as much as she used to. She turned to this typical lazy bulldog who just wants to sleep. She still comes to the door and greets my hubby and is all happy but she is so different.
Today my friend came over who knows my dogs and she also said that Roxy changed so much and is not this PITA anymore. However I am starting to worry that something is wrong with her. Maybe she is sick? Or is it simply tiredness? Or did she mature??? She will turn 2 in May. Or does she miss her friend, the first boxer who stayed with is for a week?
We really do not need another big vet bill as my cat just went to the ER for collapsed lounge and Diesel had his tail removed. So I am really hoping it's something simple.
Did anybody had a crazy hyper dog before who changed from one day to another and turned to this lazy bum?

ubenu4am.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel and Fiona both seem to be in the same position as pictured in the photo most of the time. They have their bursts, but relaxing is what they do best. Is she eating ok and everything??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would take her temperature. If she is eating, drinking, and pottying normally-is not limping and has no temp. all must be well. Mine usually have bursts of energy twice a day, and sleep the rest of the time!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
image.jpgOmg! Not only is Bogey going thru the same thing(he will be 2 in October!) but they look identical!!! I can get him out to play for short periods, but lately he just goes out and plops down on the grass! He used to bring me his toys every night, but hasn't done that in awhile. We have had some company( human) and when they leave after a week or so, Bogey goes into a slump! He gets spurts of energy at times, ( like a previous post today about me giving him an empty milk container) but the energy is short lived. I also noticed last week at the dog park, he wasn't his usual bully self. I guess it can be age, but my gosh, these 2 look like clones of each other, complete with kissing spot!! Literally, he would sleep all day if I let him! Is this normal??

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Herschel and Fiona both seem to be in the same position as pictured in the photo most of the time. They have their bursts, but relaxing is what they do best. Is she eating ok and everything??

Her temp is good. She is drinking but she did skip breakfast today ( maybe cause I gave dinner very late yesterday? ). She potties normal too. She just doesn't act like typical puppy anymore!

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
View attachment 69755Omg! Not only is Bogey going thru the same thing(he will be 2 in October!) but they look identical!!! I can get him out to play for short periods, but lately he just goes out and plops down on the grass! He used to bring me his toys every night, but hasn't done that in awhile. We have had some company( human) and when they leave after a week or so, Bogey goes into a slump! He gets spurts of energy at times, ( like a previous post today about me giving him an empty milk container) but the energy is short lived. I also noticed last week at the dog park, he wasn't his usual bully self. I guess it can be age, but my gosh, these 2 look like clones of each other, complete with kissing spot!! Literally, he would sleep all day if I let him! Is this normal??

Omg they do!!!!!!!! Even the spot on the head! How funny!!!!!!! And yes she is the same. She will play and greet when ppl walk in the door but then short after that she is back somewhere sleeping . She acts like a typical bully now. So different . I am glad I am not alone with this. I started worry but hubby said she is fine and I am over reacting. Of course he isn't home all day and doesn't see the difference!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Oh YAY YAY YAY!!!! So there is still hope that Meatball WILL calm down with age LOL :)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Omg they do!!!!!!!! Even the spot on the head! How funny!!!!!!! And yes she is the same. She will play and greet when ppl walk in the door but then short after that she is back somewhere sleeping . She acts like a typical bully now. So different . I am glad I am not alone with this. I started worry but hubby said she is fine and I am over reacting. Of course he isn't home all day and doesn't see the difference!

I don't know Meatball looks like them too lol!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is nuts also. He will be 2 in November. It is nice to see there is hope of him calming down. My 17yr old daughter had friends over the other night and Brutus was out of control. He tried to play with everyone all at once and then when they tried to sit on the couch he wasnt having it and tried to pull them off by their arms or push them off with his body. How embarrassing. I would love it if he laid around a little more like my other guy Frankie who will be 3 in June.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Brutus is nuts also. He will be 2 in November. It is nice to see there is hope of him calming down. My 17yr old daughter had friends over the other night and Brutus was out of control. He tried to play with everyone all at once and then when they tried to sit on the couch he wasnt having it and tried to pull them off by their arms or push them off with his body. How embarrassing. I would love it if he laid around a little more like my other guy Frankie who will be 3 in June.

Yes!!! This is how she was. It was sometimes so bad I was so embarrassed !!! She would jump in ppl faces if you would not play with her, she would push he other dogs away. She was simple CRAZY!!! So this behavior is not normal at all! She's been going in and out of the house just moving places where she could just sleep.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Yes Bazza seemed crazy until just lately he is 2 1/2. He still has crazy moments, but does not seem as crazy with other people, mind you we discouraged with from jumping all over poeple and mishave when visitors were around, so not sure if he is learning or getting older and more lazy !

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Well after reading all of this I was happy to hear that this is normal. However I saw today that she is drolling. She never does that. I tried to look in her mouth but I can't find anything. She ate her breakfast, she drunk some water, went potty as normal. Still very lazy and now drolling. Even diesel is coming to lick it off. Plus she has now bad breath. She always had a little but but now it's stronger

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well after reading all of this I was happy to hear that this is normal. However I saw today that she is drolling. She never does that. I tried to look in her mouth but I can't find anything. She ate her breakfast, she drunk some water, went potty as normal. Still very lazy and now drolling. Even diesel is coming to lick it off. Plus she has now bad breath. She always had a little but but now it's stronger

Ok, so now I would call the vet. She may have eaten something she should not have.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Yeah looks like as hubby looked in her mouth and he said her molars are bleeding? I am trying to look but she is not letting me.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Did I mention this weekend a year ago she broke her leg and needed a surgery and 8 weeks kennel rest??? I want to cry right now

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online