Does anyone else's Bullie...

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Does anyone else's bullie favor one person over the other? Like my lil guy loves me so much that he will not go to the bathroom for my son or my boyfriend. Hes always following me and really only listens to me sometimes. IS this common for males to favor the female human more?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes and no. Harlea listens to me the most without enacting her stubbornness but she will eventually listen to everyone else after contemplating it for a bit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ABSOLUTELY..... Banks (female) is ALL about her Daddy!! Our boy that passed, Nitschke, he was all about MOMMY !

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball, is male, and he listens to me the most. Sometimes I just have to give a good stare and he stops. Definitely listens to me more than hubby

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
lol my dogs name is also meatball. he was suppose to be the boyfriends dog but he took to me. my boyfriend will take him outside to go to the bathroom and they will be outside for 20 mins and he wont do anything they come back in and he tells me he didn't go to the bathroom i then get up and take him out and we are back inside in less then 5mins and hes went potty.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Not necessary -shy is a female -and shes a daddy girl x Lilly also a female and shes my shadow

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I think Henry favors me a little. To be fair, I am the only one who gives him special treatment. Frozen green beans, gets to get up on the couch and snuggle, etc. I am home all day so I spend all day, every day with the boys. (Henry and Rootbeer, the lab) I've tested my theory when he's with the others. Secretly, when he is playing I will pat my leg just a little or put my hand down for him and he always comes to me, no matter how much fun he's having. Don't tell anyone that I'm that anal though, ok? Lol It's very childish, I know. I can't help it.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It can go either way. First Blue favored me, then for months is was my hubby, now it's back to me. You never know with these guys (Blue's a male).

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Jovi favors me over daddy any day! but ofcourse im the only one who really plays with her and spends all my time with her. And bella our chihuahua is def daddys girls.. Jovi is a female

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is a mama's boy all the way. Frankie loves us both, but prefers to cuddle with me. They both follow me everywhere. They listen to me the best, BUT they both know they have to listen to everone. If he is not going potty for your BF I would have him clip Meatballs leash on and give his potty command so he knows he has to do his business for everyone.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Oh miss bella loves me, BUT she is so a daddys girl!!!

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
My boxer girl is my shadow. I can not play hide and seek with the kids cause she will let them know where I am hiding. She won't listen to my husband at all!! Diesel, my "new" bully who is almost 4 years old favors me also. Him and I bonded from the day 1. Roxy , 2 year old bully, loves , loves my husband!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Yes that happens here too - they're like kids and I have to tell them to mind who ever is watching them (grandma, brendan or veronica) while I'm at work or out and about. I've said it many times and it's so true - Talk to them they just may understand and listen!
Just last night when I let Nigel and Karly back in my room I had picked up their toys and put them in a box - so they were looking around and I told Nigel get your toy out of the toy box and you know he walked over dug in the box and got his antler out. I was just amazed then after Karly saw him do that she did the same and found another toy for herself. They're so smart!!!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Luckily, Rocco treats my fiance and I the same. But with our schedules, we each get time alone home with him

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.