brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well I guess it was inevitable....Brutus and Frankie had their first fight and it was a doozy. My daughter took a shower and left the foot matt on the floor and Frankie grabbed it and took off. Brutus gets upset when he knows Frankie is up to no good and he took off after him. Apparently Frankie didn't want to give up his treasure and it was on. Good lord it looked and sounded like two bears were fighting in my living room. They were both on hind legs trying to kill each other. I was screaming for them to stop and my poor husband who was trying to change his work clothes came running and between both of us yelling they stopped. No blood was shed. They are now both in time out and i'm having a drink. CRAP I hope this never happens again. I nearly had a heart attack!! When I let them out do you guys think they will be ok??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mine sometimes get into a fight over a toy. I have a plastic golf club cover, that is a hollow tube. If they don't stop when I say Quit, When I get that-they scatter! Couldn't hurt them with it if I tried, but all my dogs have been afraid of it. Might want to get yourself one. I call it the "spankin' thing!" They know when I say it. Must be the sound of it.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea. I have a soda can with change that usually does the trick but I panicked and didn't think of it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Omg, Rosalie, how awful! Just hearing your description has me shaking up.

Hopefully others can advise y'all, I'm brain dead & sick for y'all & them.

Praising GOD, no one was seriously injured. Prayers they don't continue :(

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they are losing their minds tonight. They chewed a little hole in my dining room wall earlier, they destoyed the mat they were fighting over, and Brutus just got into the laundry room that my son left the door opened to and destroyed another towel. Needless to say, bulldogs are in their crates for night night. I will spring them for potty breaks but i'm done for the night.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I think they are losing their minds tonight. They chewed a little hole in my dining room wall earlier, they destoyed the mat they were fighting over, and Brutus just got into the laundry room that my son left the door opened to and destroyed another towel. Needless to say, bulldogs are in their crates for night night. I will spring them for potty breaks but i'm done for the night.

Wow after today I don't blame you, and just have another drink!!! I have no advice other than to have another drink because I only have one. But I think I have given you good advice :laugh:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow after today I don't blame you, and just have another drink!!! I have no advice other than to have another drink because I only have one. But I think I have given you good advice :laugh:
Now this is advice i will definitely take!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Rosalie I'm so sorry… must be this damn spring weather!!! :eek: I have never had 2 boys together, but I know w/the girls I always had a water bottle to spray at them and it gets them distracted. Sounds like the boys need a nice LONG walk to burn out some energy. Tired dogs are well behaved dogs… LOL Can your kids walk them when they get home from school? Whenever mine start misbehaving we go outside to wear their butts out...

Hope your evening goes a little smoother now… ;)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im always afraid to let the kids walk them. I am afraid of other dogs attacking them, but my husband and I can certainly do it when we get home. It's a great idea. They are always rambunctious. They are typical boys. We usually remove all toys around 7:30 and they know it's time to settle down. They really are like children. You know those certain nights that you just thanked god that it was bed time? This is one of them!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Im always afraid to let the kids walk them. I am afraid of other dogs attacking them, but my husband and I can certainly do it when we get home. It's a great idea. They are always rambunctious. They are typical boys. We usually remove all toys around 7:30 and they know it's time to settle down. They really are like children. You know those certain nights that you just thanked god that it was bed time? This is one of them!

Oh I completely understand… I let the kids walk Roxie, but the bullies were a different issue. It's a PITA but maybe if you walked them nightly that would cut down on the shenanigans… LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... a tired dog is a good dog.... walks are necessary!

Maybe Henny or Jeannie can give some advice too.... [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.