Dog door size question

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
For those of you that have a dog door installed. How did you determine the size you needed? I'm looking at the sizes and if i get the medium (13"x18") size which seems to be around the right height, the width seems a little tight, but the large (15"x22") just seems to big and almost big enought to let a person through.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If your dogs are full grown, I would say giving them an inch or two higher and wider than they are would be about right. I bought one years ago and never installed it,
as i would probably have unwanted visitors in, and my dogs would lay in the sun and cook themselves-bought it before I thought it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our is 18 x13 and my nutty sister (45 yrs old and 125 lbs was able to fit through it) :facepalm:

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
If your dogs are full grown, I would say giving them an inch or two higher and wider than they are would be about right. I bought one years ago and never installed it,
as i would probably have unwanted visitors in, and my dogs would lay in the sun and cook themselves-bought it before I thought it!

Ya, mine love to lay in the sun and get tan as well... I was mainly thinking of letting them use it on cooelr days and in the evenings. Sometimes I just get tired of getting up everytim ehtey want to go in and out.

Our is 18 x13 and my nutty sister (45 yrs old and 125 lbs was able to fit through it) :facepalm:

Lol, I thought about adding a dog house looking thing on the outside with a half wall in the middle to prevent people from getting through.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.