Thread: Dog door size question

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Default Dog door size question

For those of you that have a dog door installed. How did you determine the size you needed? I'm looking at the sizes and if i get the medium (13"x18") size which seems to be around the right height, the width seems a little tight, but the large (15"x22") just seems to big and almost big enought to let a person through.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog door size question

If your dogs are full grown, I would say giving them an inch or two higher and wider than they are would be about right. I bought one years ago and never installed it,
    as i would probably have unwanted visitors in, and my dogs would lay in the sun and cook themselves-bought it before I thought it!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Our is 18 x13 and my nutty sister (45 yrs old and 125 lbs was able to fit through it)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    If your dogs are full grown, I would say giving them an inch or two higher and wider than they are would be about right. I bought one years ago and never installed it,
    as i would probably have unwanted visitors in, and my dogs would lay in the sun and cook themselves-bought it before I thought it!
    Ya, mine love to lay in the sun and get tan as well... I was mainly thinking of letting them use it on cooelr days and in the evenings. Sometimes I just get tired of getting up everytim ehtey want to go in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Our is 18 x13 and my nutty sister (45 yrs old and 125 lbs was able to fit through it)
    Lol, I thought about adding a dog house looking thing on the outside with a half wall in the middle to prevent people from getting through.

Remove Ads