Over thinking again.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
So... I seem to overthink everything now that I have all this time to think. Maybe someone could tell me what you think. For a couple years we've had outside dogs. First it was 2 labs, our girl got in an accident then we just had Rootbeer outside by himself. So we got him a friend. A mutt dog named Blue that got Rootbeer in lots of trouble. A year later we get Henry for our inside baby. A couple months later Blue gets into an accident and Rootbeer is alone again. We decide that he's a wonderful doggy and let's just bring him in. He will be happier with us inside. It's been about 2 weeks now. He is a gigantic teddy. (93lbs) Rootbeer eats chicken food. Henry eats fish. Henry plays with Rootbeer constantly and licks his face and mouth. Can he get an allergic reaction from RB's mouth? Or empty food bowl? Lately Henry's had more tears and it gets irritated and raw if I don't clean him at least twice a day. My plan is to switch RB to the same 6 fish Origen as Henry so I don't have to freak out when Henry licks everything. Am I being over the top? Or does this sound logical?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds very possible, indeed! I like it when people over think things, new possibilities arise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds logical... since Rootbeer was an outside dog, he may have pollen or something on him that Henry is sensitive too. Very interesting so please keep us posted and let us know how it goes after the food switch

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It sounds entirely possible to me-if Henry is VERY sensitive to chicken. He may get particles, or even saliva w/chicken from Rootbeer's mouth. And if Rootbeer is fine with the same food as Henry-less worry and makes your life easier,too!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That makes complete sense to me. I bet Rootbeer would love the Origen too!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does make sense.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys are the best! Only here will my obsession be excepted! I love this place!!!! I feel like giving you all a big hug.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You guys are the best! Only here will my obsession be excepted! I love this place!!!! I feel like giving you all a big hug.

:hug:

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
ya def logical. I had to change bellas food to grain free because jovi kept trying to eat it and they would switch foods. it just makes it easier giving them the same food.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rootbeer has been on grain free for months. Chicken protein. Henry was on chicken food of a different brand and was just not right. His hair was thin and was shedding a lot and he got a small rash every few days on his belly or chin. I thought maybe it would be better if I switched and it has been. He has thick fur and I can no longed see his skin. There hadn't been a rash since he got off the chicken. I don't know much about it but is thought maybe it was more of a chicken sensitivity rather than allergy. It may just be that its spring and he has some allergies. I'm not sure but either way the thought of them being on the same food makes me happy. Rootbeer is a lab and will eat anything. He has no issues at all. Also, [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] I bet Rootbeer will go crazy for the Orijen food. He is gigantic at 93 lbs and loves food! He probably would go nuts over Ol Roy! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.