Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I recently read on here of a member who wrote a thread regarding their bully scratching and kicking the ground after going poop, and someone saying that dogs due it to show dominance. My two guys Bulldozer and Blossom are two years old and never did this until this spring. They, didn't do it last year or over the winter, and then recently when we started getting milder weather and the grass is showing, they started kicking their poop after going potty on the grass. I thought it was because they had grass to poop on and not the ice and snow, or maybe because we moved, and we are in a new neighbourhood, and they are trying to mark their territory. The old house was their first home and the only home they lived in since puppies, and their weren't any other dogs on our lawns. After reading that they do this to show Dominance, I still wonder if its because its a new neighbourhood, or is it because they are older, and are now starting to show Dominance? Blossom has always been more dominate and the boss of Dozer, who is much more laid back, and basically lets his sister be the boss, he doesn't care, but he is also kicking his poop after he goes, so I'm confused.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When they kick after potty... it is to spread their scent and mark the territory, so for you it is just as you state, new place and their must be other dog scent in the yard or area. I guess, I should not have said dominant, but it does show they are owning the area.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Wow that's new to me..I have 2 boys and they both kick like crazy when they are done, sometimes kicking the poo which makes it harder to pick up and I always tell them not to kick when they are done

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pretty much all bullies do this.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry kicks too. Always with his chin up like he's so proud that he peed like a big boy. I just thought he was being a fruit cake. Lol

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Riggins does it to after he pees and poops. It's quite funny. And he holds his head up in the air. It makes me laugh. Sometimes he loses his balance. 😂 He's too cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Ha Ha !! Bazza always kicks the grass but I have never given much thought to what it meant. Alot of dogs have done this that I have owned.

I must admit I hate when he is kicking :poo: and his back paws land in it :eek:

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Howie sometimes kicks after he pees but not after he poos (thank God). I thought it's normal for dogs. I don't like it and I usually give him heck because he is ruining the lawn. I got bald spots everywhere and it's making my husband unhappy :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.