Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health ?

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

Default Health ?

So this morning the bulldogs slept a little later than normal thank goodness lol meaning i could sleep in a little longer. so the morning routine is get up, take spike & sparkles outside come back inside feed them then back outside. well normally i take one out at a time today i took spike out he took care of business went back inside then i took sparkles out and spike went back outside bc the door was open he started to attempt to throw up so i put sparkles back inside and was worried about spike he finally threw up some green throw up i know i'm sorry its gross...anyway right after he threw up he passed out on me for like 10-15 seconds regained consciousness then i picked him up and went inside and cleaned him up which in the mean time some how i guess his anal glands got expressed YUCK!!! what a morning.... so i sat there for awhile with him while my husband got their food ready. Spike didn't want to eat which is not normal he finally ate at about 4pm in the afternoon :{ he has been playing around and stuff but has been sleeping a whole lot more today than normal...has anybody ever had their EB pass out? Sparkles has her puppy shots scheduled for tomorrow I called the Vet and made sure i could bring spike in tomorrow as well so hopefully its nothing...its never happened before and i just freaked out :[
    <3 Crystal Alonso
    Proud Mom of Spike & Sparkles

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Health ?

whoa! that is strange. poor spike. my guy throws up pretty often, but mostly water or phlegm, never from actually being sick. someone else here should have some answers. good mommy for bringing him to the vet too, just in case. because that is definitely not normal. i know if i were to vomit bile, pass out, and leak oil out of my butt, i would be on my way to the e.r. pronto! good luck!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Sorry, I'm no help. My girls have never thrown up or passed out. That must have been really scarry! Hope everything is okay with him.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

hopefully its nothing maybe he just got overworked trying to throw up idk ...appt is at 11:30am hopefully everything is fine
    <3 Crystal Alonso

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good choice to take him to the vet, he could have had a mild seizure. Did he stiffen or anything while he was throwing up? Very scary indeed. Not eating is not good either. Any chance he swallowed a part of a toy or anything?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

well.. from a "human" diagnosis standpoint.. we can actually do the same thing. It's called "valsalva" maneuver. When straining.. ie: vomiting, constipation you can put pressure on the nerve that controls the heart rate/rhythm and end up passing out. Not sure if it happens in dogs.. but maybe that is what happened?
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

no he didnt stiffen up he just kept on attempting to throw up then finally after awhile he threw up then immediately fell to the ground and passed out :[ when he opened his eyes he just laid there he didnt want to move so i had to pick him up and bring him inside
    <3 Crystal Alonso

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by catorres8988 View Post
    no he didnt stiffen up he just kept on attempting to throw up then finally after awhile he threw up then immediately fell to the ground and passed out :[ when he opened his eyes he just laid there he didnt want to move so i had to pick him up and bring him inside

In my younger days..I've had been known to just lie there after throwing up
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LisaRN View Post
    In my younger days..I've had been known to just lie there after throwing up
    @ lisarn i dout he stayed out drinking the nite before sorry had too lol...

wow im sorry yall all had to go through that this morning i would be scared too.... hope spike is doing better and hopefully he just strained to hard like you said

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hows Spike doing?

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Wow....poor fella.....I sure hope he is okay. I am glad you are going to the vet tomorrow. Make sure and post updates so we know how he is doing, especially after the vet visit. I am sure he is fine.

@LisaRN your bad but I am sure your not the only one that has done that.......not me though <o.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spike & Sparkles
    Likes (Received)

spike is doing fine...took him to the vet on friday doctor said it prob was from him throwing up that it was probably what @LisaRN said "valsalva" maneuver but that we were going to have to watch him and see if it happens again bc it could be seizures. :[ hopefully its not that and just him passing out from the throwing up... other than that he is healthy.
    <3 Crystal Alonso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads