Health ?

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
So this morning the bulldogs slept a little later than normal thank goodness lol meaning i could sleep in a little longer. so the morning routine is get up, take spike & sparkles outside come back inside feed them then back outside. well normally i take one out at a time today i took spike out he took care of business went back inside then i took sparkles out and spike went back outside bc the door was open he started to attempt to throw up so i put sparkles back inside and was worried about spike he finally threw up some green throw up i know i'm sorry its gross...anyway right after he threw up he passed out on me for like 10-15 seconds regained consciousness then i picked him up and went inside and cleaned him up which in the mean time some how i guess his anal glands got expressed YUCK!!! what a morning.... so i sat there for awhile with him while my husband got their food ready. Spike didn't want to eat which is not normal he finally ate at about 4pm in the afternoon :{ he has been playing around and stuff but has been sleeping a whole lot more today than normal...has anybody ever had their EB pass out? Sparkles has her puppy shots scheduled for tomorrow I called the Vet and made sure i could bring spike in tomorrow as well so hopefully its nothing...its never happened before and i just freaked out :[

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
whoa! that is strange. :confused: poor spike. my guy throws up pretty often, but mostly water or phlegm, never from actually being sick. someone else here should have some answers. good mommy for bringing him to the vet too, just in case. because that is definitely not normal. i know if i were to vomit bile, pass out, and leak oil out of my butt, i would be on my way to the e.r. pronto! good luck!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Sorry, I'm no help. My girls have never thrown up or passed out. That must have been really scarry! Hope everything is okay with him.

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
hopefully its nothing maybe he just got overworked trying to throw up idk ...appt is at 11:30am hopefully everything is fine

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good choice to take him to the vet, he could have had a mild seizure. Did he stiffen or anything while he was throwing up? Very scary indeed. Not eating is not good either. Any chance he swallowed a part of a toy or anything?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
well.. from a "human" diagnosis standpoint.. we can actually do the same thing. It's called "valsalva" maneuver. When straining.. ie: vomiting, constipation :eek: you can put pressure on the nerve that controls the heart rate/rhythm and end up passing out. Not sure if it happens in dogs.. but maybe that is what happened?

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
no he didnt stiffen up he just kept on attempting to throw up then finally after awhile he threw up then immediately fell to the ground and passed out :[ when he opened his eyes he just laid there he didnt want to move so i had to pick him up and bring him inside

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
no he didnt stiffen up he just kept on attempting to throw up then finally after awhile he threw up then immediately fell to the ground and passed out :[ when he opened his eyes he just laid there he didnt want to move so i had to pick him up and bring him inside

In my younger days..I've had been known to just lie there after throwing up :whistle: :lol: ;)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
In my younger days..I've had been known to just lie there after throwing up :whistle: :lol: ;)

@ lisarn i dout he stayed out drinking the nite before :lol: :p sorry had too lol...

wow im sorry yall all had to go through that this morning i would be scared :poo: too.... hope spike is doing better and hopefully he just strained to hard like you said

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Wow....poor fella.....I sure hope he is okay. I am glad you are going to the vet tomorrow. Make sure and post updates so we know how he is doing, especially after the vet visit. I am sure he is fine.

[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] your bad but I am sure your not the only one that has done that.......not me though <o.

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
spike is doing fine...took him to the vet on friday doctor said it prob was from him throwing up that it was probably what [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] said "valsalva" maneuver but that we were going to have to watch him and see if it happens again bc it could be seizures. :[ hopefully its not that and just him passing out from the throwing up... other than that he is healthy.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
spike is doing fine...took him to the vet on friday doctor said it prob was from him throwing up that it was probably what [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] said "valsalva" maneuver but that we were going to have to watch him and see if it happens again bc it could be seizures. :[ hopefully its not that and just him passing out from the throwing up... other than that he is healthy.

So happy Spikey is doing fine now!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I sure hope that is all it was.... that would have scared the :poo: out of me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online