Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:nervous:Hi guys, our PetValu store in our neighbourhood was hosting an adoption for cats and dogs today, and they were also doing nail clipping for $6.00 with the proceeds going to animal rescues. We brought Bulldozer and Blossom over to have their nails trimmed. There were lots of cats and rescued kittens up for adoption, and there was 3 dogs for adoption. All the animals were behind a mobile fence, and when we came in two of the dogs behind the corral, started to bark really loudly at Dozer, they also had another dog that looked like a German Shepherd or German Shepherd mix, he was on a leash, but was growling at Dozer. My chicken little was so scared by the barking from the smaller dogs, he jumped and was cowering, so I moved him away, and then the Shepherd stated barking at him and growling. The lady who had the dog on the leash pulled away, and I moved to the other side of the store. Then the bad clipper lady cut his nails, and that was it for him. When we got outside he vomited on the sidewalk, and he had a soft serve poop on the way home. He's fine now, I don't think he's sick, but I think he got so scared and nervous, and he was stressed out, which made him vomit. Poor baby, has anyone else experienced this with their bullies?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of my dogs Fr/pug throws up on the days that I work(when I get home). Then usually won't eat(as I feed when I get home) until just before bedtime. She does it every week. Lucky for her I only go 2 days! Yes, Stressing out can make them vomit, loose poop. If it was from that-usually goes away pretty quick.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
totally stress induced..... poor little Dozer

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Awwwh trying to have a fun Easter Day and it turned out to be crazy! Poor baby, from what I've read and my bullie, the whole clipping the nails can put them over, then add in mr mean dog and it's a overload cocktail!! Sorry for how it turned out, but they are safe at home!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I usually let the groomer clip their nails, but thought this was across the street, and it was nice out, so I thought a walk would be good for them, plus they needed their nails done, and the money was for a good cause, but wasn't such a good idea after all, poor Dozey he's afraid of his own shadow, and he doesn't lie walking especially if it's beside the road, the traffic scares him too. His sister Blossom is the total opposite, she loves to go on walks, and she isn't afraid of anything except she doesn't like the vacuum cleaner. I guess that was my lesson learned, and I'll either have to do his nails myself, or just let the groomer do them.

Most Reactions