Rash on forehead with photos

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
Hi everyone! Has anyone ever seen anything like this rash Tacori has? She's had it for about 2 days now, it is red, bumpy and it's itchy for her. She has been eating the same food for about a month (Blue) with no issues and the only thing I can think is that she's been getting leaves in the yard from the trees that are sprouting spring leaves???? She eats everything!...Any advice about it or how to treat it would be great! Thanks! :)
1-7.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It does look like it may be bites. Try dabbing it with witch hazel-but don't let it run into her eyes. Or if you have some cortizone cream.
Is there any poison ivy around? My dogs have gotten it on their belly-but your gal is very fair skinned.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be a little bug bite, I would watch it and if it gets worse, try some Benedryl cream on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It does look like it may be bites. Try dabbing it with witch hazel-but don't let it run into her eyes. Or if you have some cortizone cream.
Is there any poison ivy around? My dogs have gotten it on their belly-but your gal is very fair skinned.

^^^^ agreed! @TacorisBulldogs

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I see everyone has you covered, it looks like a bug bite to me as well. Maybe a spider, or do you have ants in the leaves? Just keep,an eye on it and watch for any redness, swelling, or if it spreads to other parts of her body. You can give Benadryl, if she shows any signs of an allergic reaction, and if it seems to be itchy, you can apply a cortisone cream, or Benadryl cream. I don't have any experience with using witch hazel, but there are many members who have used it. I hope she feels better soon, and the rash clears up.

OP
TacorisBulldogs

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
Thanks everyone! We are putting Benadryl on it and watching to make sure it doesn't worsen. Poor girl, that and teething at the same time :(. Thanks again!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online