Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Raw vs. Cooked...so confused

Quote Originally Posted by BodiesMom View Post
    Thanks! We're just at the point where something's gotta change! Our poor baby is suffering with his whole body being a big scabby sore and very itchy. We've tried switching to diff better foods, very premium foods, and he's still breaking out. So we figured we've gotta at least try the raw or cooked diet to see if its the storage mites that are doing it!
    BullyLove!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I gave up on the whole "doing it myself" thing and instead began a hunt for the highest quality pre-made cooked, whole-food option. There are several out there who will ship frozen to you. These guys really get their formulas right, and in the end you get all the benefits of the organic whole foods, without any of the pitfalls. I settled on Farm Fresh Pet foods http://www.farmfreshpet.com . They have both a line of raw, and a line of "low heat cooked" flavors. I went with the low heat cooked versions because Baxter did horribly on raw. I assume it was the bacterial overload. I wasn't interested in "forcing" him to get used to it by putting him through weeks/months of diarrheah and stomach upset. That's what a lot of raw people told me to do. "Get him used to it". And "Thats normal". No thanks. the cooked line of products they have is absolutely perfect, and he did not even need a 10 day "ramping up" phase. He went full steam on it the first night, large quantity, and had perfect poop the next morning, for the first time in months. Highly recommend.

-B-
    Kevin -- this sounds like a great option for them.... great info!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Raw vs. Cooked...so confused

Thank u guys very much for all the info. Def some things ill be looking into!

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads