Bursts of the crazies! Need advice!

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
Bella has " crazy" spells about twice a day and she runs full speed, she turns into jaws with her play biting and she too has been going so fast she run into our coffee table and keeps going !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=11366]Brandie37[/MENTION]...OMG...Chubby does exactly the same thing at least this is normal...it was worrying me for a while♡

Chubby♡

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
Lol I'm glad others are doing it and it's normal, I taped her the first time she ever did it because I thought for sure something was wrong with her lol!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Same thing here with Riggins! He turns into a complete psychopath a tears around the upstairs hall, runs through the bedrooms, dives under our bed and out the other side and repeats. I enjoy the show. 😂 I keep my 4 year old clear of the race track! Lol

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June does this too! Not every night, but pretty often and it's always right before she falls asleep. We think it's hilarious, but we don't have any kids she can knock over. She goes wild in the living room and throw her whole body into the couch cushions and jumping over our heads. It's insane!

Swaggers Parents

Aug 19, 2013
San Diego
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Swagger
Swagger does the same thing. The only thing i've found that remotely works is putting him in one
of his sweaters. Instantly calms him down and he goes back to being normalish. I think its like the swadding effect with babies.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Swagger does the same thing. The only thing i've found that remotely works is putting him in one
of his sweaters. Instantly calms him down and he goes back to being normalish. I think its like the swadding effect with babies.

I'd think that's kind of the same concept as the "Thunder Shirt"! It really does calm them down, whether its from just being "crazy", thunderstorms, anxiety, etc... We got a thunder shirt for Bodie a couple years ago and it has really helped him when he gets really worked up from stress or if his ears or body are really itchy and aggravating him!

BullyLove!!!

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
Our 13 month old Boon Docks gets these crazy bursts of energy too. We figured that there is something in the house like "cat nip" that makes him run at full speed, jump, bounce and play WWE with the other dog on furniture.

BoonDocks

Nov 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boon Docks
we went through the same thing with lola. She would go absolutely nuts twice a day and attack my daughter or me (whoever was closer). She was just playing but she was so heavy that the body slams really hurt. It went on until we got leo. Then they used each other to launch their ninja attacks instead of us. They still do it.
"ninja attacks".....lol

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
What are these sweaters? Where do I get one?

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry has only done this twice. Thank heaven because I seriously injured something when I fell down laughing! It was so funny! Hubby called it " bat **** crazy" lol. My lazy boy who can't lug his big butt up on the couch ran and jumped on the couch several times, did some kind of ballarina jump off, pummeled everything in his way, and then just layed down on his bed and looked around like "what the hell are you looking at" then went promptly to sleep. I'm pretty sure it was, in fact, followed by a couple farts.

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
My 9stone + Bullmastiff does this too. Knocked my 15 stone partner on his backside haha :0)

SirJoseph

Feb 16, 2014
Northern Nevada
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Joseph AKA JOE
JOE does the same thing...He starts squirming, rolling on the floor on his back growling at himself then all of a sudden he pops up and its GAME ON - Look OUT here comes JOE - It seems he has a 'track' that he runs crashing into walls if he takes a corner too fast, when he hits the hard floor he's about as sideways as you could get without sliding or falling over and boy can he jump. I was quite surprised the other day when he jumped on the couch from behind the couch...Pretty good for a little shorty :)

Have a great day! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.