Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bursts of the crazies! Need advice!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bursts of the crazies! Need advice!

My girls have this "syndrome" twice a day. Once around noon and the second just before bed. They run and wrestle with each other, and I just stay out of the way. It is always when there is something on night tv that I especially want to hear-and can't hear a thing due to the growling!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Yep..Bubba does the same thing, about twice a day. Usually it's after he goes out and takes a poo. I call it his 'wild hair'. Just stand back and for about 5 minutes he's a wild man! He also does it right before he takes a long nap. Right after he calms down..he's out snoring and dead to the world! The only thing I can tell you is that when he gets into those moods, make sure your kids know that they should stay away and be sitting down. Poor little guys!

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Bodie used to do this too! A lot of times it was when he came back inside from doing his "business" outside. We called it "crackhead mode"! Story is that when he went outside he got his "secret stash of crack" and was hitting the pipe!! Lol!
    He doesn't do it so much anymore. Every once in a while he'll go into crackhead mode, but I guess it's a good thing he's a recovering addict and only relapses once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Brandie37's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Bruno & Louie
    Likes (Received)

Bella has " crazy" spells about twice a day and she runs full speed, she turns into jaws with her play biting and she too has been going so fast she run into our coffee table and keeps going !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubby
    Likes (Received)

@Brandie37...OMG...Chubby does exactly the same thing at least this is normal...it was worrying me for a while♡

Chubby♡
    Chubby ♡

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Brandie37's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Bruno & Louie
    Likes (Received)

Lol I'm glad others are doing it and it's normal, I taped her the first time she ever did it because I thought for sure something was wrong with her lol!

Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Same thing here with Riggins! He turns into a complete psychopath a tears around the upstairs hall, runs through the bedrooms, dives under our bed and out the other side and repeats. I enjoy the show. 😂 I keep my 4 year old clear of the race track! Lol

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

June does this too! Not every night, but pretty often and it's always right before she falls asleep. We think it's hilarious, but we don't have any kids she can knock over. She goes wild in the living room and throw her whole body into the couch cushions and jumping over our heads. It's insane!

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Swagger
    Likes (Received)

Swagger does the same thing. The only thing i've found that remotely works is putting him in one
    of his sweaters. Instantly calms him down and he goes back to being normalish. I think its like the swadding effect with babies.

Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggers Parents View Post
    Swagger does the same thing. The only thing i've found that remotely works is putting him in one
    of his sweaters. Instantly calms him down and he goes back to being normalish. I think its like the swadding effect with babies.
    I'd think that's kind of the same concept as the "Thunder Shirt"! It really does calm them down, whether its from just being "crazy", thunderstorms, anxiety, etc... We got a thunder shirt for Bodie a couple years ago and it has really helped him when he gets really worked up from stress or if his ears or body are really itchy and aggravating him!

BullyLove!!!
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boon Docks
    Likes (Received)

Our 13 month old Boon Docks gets these crazy bursts of energy too. We figured that there is something in the house like "cat nip" that makes him run at full speed, jump, bounce and play WWE with the other dog on furniture.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boon Docks
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    we went through the same thing with lola. She would go absolutely nuts twice a day and attack my daughter or me (whoever was closer). She was just playing but she was so heavy that the body slams really hurt. It went on until we got leo. Then they used each other to launch their ninja attacks instead of us. They still do it.
    "ninja attacks".....lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads