Can another dog teach my bullie to bite?

canonsnapper

Apr 18, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie
I have a 7 month EBD that is spayed. She has always been submissive and never rough towards other dogs, humans, or kids. She has been socialized at the dog parks since I got her at 5months. Yesterda y while we were at the dog park another dog kept coming after Sophie and would bite her at the fold of her neck. I kept pulling Sophie away from the other dog but the other owner kept saying they were just playing. It did seems like they were playing but Sophie started to try and bite back. This kept going for 1-2 minutes and even when I pulled Sophie away and had her sitting and calm the other dog would just came over and took her by the neck folds again. Shortly after I left. No serious damage to Sophie. Today I let her out in the yard and started to play like we do everyday by having her chaseme. Well eventually she caught me and tried to bite my toes(sandals). When I told her no we started to play again and again she came at me and tried to bite my leg this time. She has never done this or anything like this before. Is there any chance that she just picked this up after one day of playing at the dog park with the wrong dog? Tried to play again afternoon and she did it again she tried to bite my shin. She has always just submitted whenever any human(adult or kid) comes near because she always wants a belly rub. Now I am afraid she might play this way with a child. What should I do now before I can trust her to bring her around the dog park or kids again. She is an only dog and we dont have kids.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN..... You can continue to do as you are doing, whenever she tries to bite or gets rough, tell her no, stop play and turn your back to her. You can also redirect her to her toy.... Stay consistent with it and she will pick up quickly that you do not like the behavior

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes other dogs can teach her to bite, but as [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, you can teach her not to bite you and she will grow out of it also.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.