Reproducing your Beloved

B

Baxter Tiberius

That's the sweetest sounding topic title i could come up with for such an explicit topic LOL.

Plain and simple, I am in love with my little Baxter.

He's pretty much the light of my life right now, and my only family (lost both of my parents recently, and lost my sister at a young age).

I make sure to stop and realize that "these are the good old days right now" often. Along with these thoughts comes the constant awareness that they don't live very long lives. The day will come, when Baxter has passed, when I would give my left arm to have another "Baby Baxter". His real baby.

So all of that to say: Can you freeze your pup's sperm and work with some breeder to create a direct child of your pup?
I suppose I could google this, which I will do next, but I was wondering what you guys know too.

Do I just call a breeder one day and ask them if they'd artificially inseminate?
I wonder how many "batches" I should have saved, since I know a good % wont make it through the process?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Even if you cloned him, you can not clone his soul. You will get a pup that looks like him, but in my opinion will not act the same.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I so wish I could have some how done that with my boy Nitschke.... Love him to the moon and back and still miss him every minute of the day.

sorry for the loss of your parents.... Mt Dad past a year ago at 87 and it still hurts like yesterday

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Yeah definitely not trying to clone. Even if you *do* clone him, its a different dog.

But I would like his offspring. And since I will probably neuter him around 2-3 years of age, I wont be able to stud him out.

This answers most of my questions:
www.synbiotics.com/ReproductiveServices/FAQ.html

Google has a lot of info too.

-B-

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.