Normal Behavior?

MrsDenaWare

Feb 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I bought Bentley on his first birthday 5 months ago. He was crate trained. He is like a magnet to me. I wash his face every night and morning. I wipe him after he poops everytime because I don't want any poop in my house. He let's me brush his teeth every night before we go to bed. He likes a bath and doesn't care when I trim his nails. He enjoys attention no matter what we do he is fine with it. Is this normal? I retired 6 months ago so Bentley and I are always together. He loves all the kids and grandchildren but is slowly learning to like my husband. My husband is ghe only one that gives him treats and that seems to help. I adore him and he is just like my baby. Is this normal behavior?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397783767925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397783767925.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 180

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
of course! i treat mine as a baby too. :D

B

Baxter Tiberius

Sounds like someone is telling you that its not normal?

English Bulldogs need to have their folds and butts cleaned regularly because they can't do it themselves. So if you need to tell the person its a health thing, then do that. Regarding teeth - the single most influential inflammatory cause in any person (or dogs) body is poor gum health. It causes tons of health problems long term. So brushing the teeth is also simply being responsible. Most of us don't do it, but every one of us are supposed to. Washing the face, folds, and in between the toes daily is also important to avoid inflammatory problems with this breed.

Most importantly - he is your baby. You can do whatever you want with him. If its an expression of love, who cares if it seems weird. None of the things you're doing qualifies as insane asylum stuff. :) And for this breed, almost all of those things is considered normal upkeep.

-B-

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds perfectly normal to me. We even go so far as to plan many things around our babys routine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
As wierd as my (non bulldog friends) might think im with my girls -here on EBN is completely normal ;-))

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, completely normal.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
So normal!!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He sounds very submissive and it is that is pretty normal for them to enjoy routine, which I think you've got a great one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:heart: totally and I want him. :hissy:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
very normal to me :) he even sounds like a very well behaved little guy! you're lucky :).

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
We are new to Bully's and we just took it as completely normal to do all this on our own. Why wouldn't it be. And just so you know, my Gunner is my baby too. My husband thinks I'm nuts. But he allows it, secretly I think he loves him as much as I do. Lol my kids are old enough to think its a mid life crisis.
I just don't care, I love my little wrinkle monster :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:nice:It's all in the way you've raised him with lots of LOVE and it's completely normal.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You are normal-the dog is like I WISH I had!!!!!!:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online