brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@Bulldozersma @xxaprilrose @dieMuttivonBifi @Rigginsluv11 @brutus77 @Texas Carol @desertskybulldogs @pdolphin27 @ddnene @JeannieCO @Davidh @Marine91 @Manydogs @Blueberrys Mom @JeannieCO @Casper @mavsfan4life @Libra926 @agingermom @Lisabear123 @Rigginsluv11 @Pati Robins @Vikinggirl @NigelsMom @2BullyMama @Samantha Orts Its so great the way this rescue unfolded and we're all very thankful for what Christine did, especially during a busy holiday weekend. I have heard from Christine that yesterdays vet visit alone cost over $400 and that Bumper Bulldog rescue is paying the bills. Considering that we were the ones that brought Mia's situation to Bumper's attention and asked them to help rescue her, I was thinking that it would be a great idea if we all could do whatever we can to donate to Bumper Rescue for Mia's care. They really came through for us and it would be nice if we could show our appreciation by giving whatever amount we can, no matter how small. Christine did her part by driving 3 hours to get Mia and then fostering her for a few days and taking her to the vet. I know many of us wished we could do more at the time to help Mia...here's our chance as a group to play a small part and show our thanks to Bumper. Some may say they are a rescue and this is what they do. That is true but they are only able to operate through donations. I just think its a great idea considering the rescue of Mia began with us and was at our request. I understand that some members are in positions where they cant help out financially and that is completely understandable. Your thoughts and prayers during the weekend were enough. However, if you can spare a small donation I think its the right thing to do in this instance. You can donate to Mias care at http://www.bumperbulldogs.com/How_To_Donate.html Just indicate your a member of EBN and its for Mia! Thank you everyone for anything you can do!

Done!! I will give gladly. Melissa does a wonderful thing with Bumper and they can always use help. It doesn't matter if it is only $5 or $50, every little bit adds up. This is how they are able to help the next bully in trouble.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I will definitely send a donation on Friday when I get paid as well!!! :) Great idea!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I will go to the bank tomorrow afternoon and put some money in xx

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'll also be donating for sweet Mia's care. This is such a great outcome to this story!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Count me in too, sending a check. After June 1st, if Mia is still w/out
her forever home, I'm going to try & adopt her. Cami told me she'd
LOVE a sister. Guess we'll be the 'Ole Gal's Retirement Home'.
Mother~80 Me~59 Cami~6 & Mia~7 We'll teach Mia how to be
Texan in no time a'tall.

Great post, Jim...thank you!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Count me in too, sending a check. After June 1st, if Mia is still w/out
her forever home, I'm going to try & adopt her. Cami told me she'd
LOVE a sister. Guess we'll be the 'Ole Gal's Retirement Home'.
Mother~80 Me~59 Cami~6 & Mia~7 We'll teach Mia how to be
Texan in no time a'tall.

Great post, Jim...thank you!

Yay, Mia would be a perfect addition to your family. And of course if you are anywhere near NY when you get Mia, I have to met you!!! I can't pass up that opportunity. :happydance:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mia update - day three! She isn't a morning bully, not that many of us are, but slow riser in the AM, but she LOVES car rides so I took her for a ride today to the vet and a visit to Petco. Her blood work came back clear but with slight elevation in white blood cells so as a precaution we are deworming, just a one time pill for treatment.
She is such a great little co-pilot, she sits in the back seat and just faces looking out the window. her eye sight seems a bit better as she followed me across the room this morning and walked very well around Petco. While there she walked up to anyone she spotted looking for pets, rubs and attention. she was great with all of them. No other dogs were in the store at the time.

She also barked for the first time today... cutest thing. I was on the other side of the fence getting rid of :poo: and she wanted me back with her!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
uqyryjy9.jpg

Yoguart face. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She sounds wonderful!! :luv: and already thriving with a little love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh my gosh, what a sweet face!!! It's amazing what a little love can do.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Mia update - day three! She isn't a morning bully, not that many of us are, but slow riser in the AM, but she LOVES car rides so I took her for a ride today to the vet and a visit to Petco. Her blood work came back clear but with slight elevation in white blood cells so as a precaution we are deworming, just a one time pill for treatment.
She is such a great little co-pilot, she sits in the back seat and just faces looking out the window. her eye sight seems a bit better as she followed me across the room this morning and walked very well around Petco. While there she walked up to anyone she spotted looking for pets, rubs and attention. she was great with all of them. No other dogs were in the store at the time. She also barked for the first time today... cutest thing. I was on the other side of the fence getting rid of :poo: and she wanted me back with her!

Yep, yep, yep...that's us...we HATE mornings!

And Cami does the same bark, lol...I can be in the kitchen and hear
one sharp bark, go back and Miz Thang is sitting on the bed and has
summoned me to her side!

I bet Mia will love Texas ;)

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep, yep, yep...that's us...we HATE mornings!

And Cami does the same bark, lol...I can be in the kitchen and hear
one sharp bark, go back and Miz Thang is sitting on the bed and has
summoned me to her side!

I bet Mia will love Texas ;)
I pray you get her. Can you take her sooner than June? I'm not sure she will last that until then and I know you will give het a great home.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I pray you get her. Can you take her sooner than June? I'm not sure she will last that until then and I know you will give het a great home.
I hate typing on this darn phone. I sound like I can't spell.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.