I sent an email to the long island bulldog rescue

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So thankful for all of you who helped to save this sweet girl. GREAT SAVE! Love the video!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
You can tell she just wants to love and be loved. Happy Easter everyone and God Bless our bullies!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I can't help but think how we all love our bullies like family. If they get a rash, or diarrhea, or act differently than they normally do we are right on EBN asking questions, doing all we can to make sure everything is all right. So when we read or hear of a story like this where people can just let their bullies go without a second thought..or they treat them badly, it just boggles our minds. I can't for the life of me imagine how people can be so uncaring, callous and cold when dealing with these beautiful bullies. What a great weekend for Mia.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I can't help but think how we all love our bullies like family. If they get a rash, or diarrhea, or act differently than they normally do we are right on EBN asking questions, doing all we can to make sure everything is all right. So when we read or hear of a story like this where people can just let their bullies go without a second thought..or they treat them badly, it just boggles our minds. I can't for the life of me imagine how people can be so uncaring, callous and cold when dealing with these beautiful bullies. What a great weekend for Mia.

Jim, I think we are a special breed of people. Maybe a dying breed, although I pray not... And it's not just bullies, it's all animals in general. I got upset that I ran over a chipmunk one time. My family thinks I'm crazy, but I don't give a damn... I care for all Gods creatures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Owww you guys...just wanna hug all of you for doing such great work! You guys are nothing short of heroes! Thank you ...thank you so much!!! What a great ending. Was all emotional watching that video (actually all choked up right now). EBN people are simply amazing! BRAVO!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
:luv::drawheart::havemyheart::heart::love::angelheart:

Yall are all amazing, generous people! Honored to be a part of this group. It's an Easter miracle :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mia vet update!!

Mia had her vet evaluation this morning and she was such a great little girl... she was happy as can be to be in the car and even more so when we were in the lobby awaiting our turn. She was very friendly with all people and could not get enough of them, any of them... she looked for attention in all directions.

Mia's weight is good at 56.6, she is up to date on all her shots, her heart sound healthy and she is heartworm negative. For her ears, both have yeast infections which are causing her to have the issues hearing and with regular cleaning and Mometamax drops, he believes her hearing will be just fine! For her eyes, she suffers from dry eye, there is no tear production at all in either eye, which most likely caused the loss of sight in the one eye, but we can save the sight in the other with daily ointment and drops twice a day. Her limp is from arthritis in her front right elbow and a half a tablet of Deramaxx a day to help with the inflammation. We did have blood drawn and sent out for lab work, which we will have results in 48 hours.

Overall, our vet was happy with her condition and thinks she can easily over come these with the proper love and care!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That is great to hear Christine! I hope someone takes a chance on a senior and adopts her...her issues aren't all that bad after all. Love her pictures!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so great, Christine you are an angel honestly. She was starved of attention is really sounds like.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks for her update, Christine & thank you for getting her in so quickly.

I'd adopt her in a second, Cami does the chicken scratch but loves people
& pets. How did she act around the other animals (esp. dogs) in waiting rm?

Can we get her down here by transport?

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
That's so great considering! 😍 Sending big hugs to Mia! And all of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH MY GOSH!!! i just read all this!!! I am so HAPPYY for all this great news. I feel so relieved that she is safe, and being seen by a vet and doing so good. I am in complete shock and happiness knowing that she will be able to hear just fine and her sight can be saved. This makes me so happy that she can find a new owner, and finally spend her life happy and feel the affection she never got growing up. I am so speechless right now. This is the greatest thing I could have ever partake in. Im glad I posted this forum because if I didnt I would still feel guilty about this little angel. And now someone so AMAZING such as christine scoops her up and saves her life. THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE!!! i seriously cannot thank you enough. Because of you, you made this crap-of a week, actually okay. Because this baby was stressing me out. I love bullies and I love success stories.... this was great. I am so thankful to have found this forum. Everybody on here comes together like family. It is so amazing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY GOSH!!! i just read all this!!! I am so HAPPYY for all this great news. I feel so relieved that she is safe, and being seen by a vet and doing so good. I am in complete shock and happiness knowing that she will be able to hear just fine and her sight can be saved. This makes me so happy that she can find a new owner, and finally spend her life happy and feel the affection she never got growing up. I am so speechless right now. This is the greatest thing I could have ever partake in. Im glad I posted this forum because if I didnt I would still feel guilty about this little angel. And now someone so AMAZING such as christine scoops her up and saves her life. THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE!!! i seriously cannot thank you enough. Because of you, you made this crap-of a week, actually okay. Because this baby was stressing me out. I love bullies and I love success stories.... this was great. I am so thankful to have found this forum. Everybody on here comes together like family. It is so amazing.

YOU did all this.... the post pulled us in and we just made it happen! Thank you for finding her and bringing it to our attention and to BUMPER Rescue for accepting her and paying for her care. http://www.bumperbulldogs.com/

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@Bulldozersma @xxaprilrose @dieMuttivonBifi @Rigginsluv11 @brutus77 @Texas Carol @desertskybulldogs @pdolphin27 @ddnene @JeannieCO @Davidh @Marine91 @Manydogs @Blueberrys Mom @JeannieCO @Casper @mavsfan4life @Libra926 @agingermom @Lisabear123 [MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=3502]NigelsMom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=9325]Samantha Orts[/MENTION] Its so great the way this rescue unfolded and we're all very thankful for what Christine did, especially during a busy holiday weekend. I have heard from Christine that yesterdays vet visit alone cost over $400 and that Bumper Bulldog rescue is paying the bills. Considering that we were the ones that brought Mia's situation to Bumper's attention and asked them to help rescue her, I was thinking that it would be a great idea if we all could do whatever we can to donate to Bumper Rescue for Mia's care. They really came through for us and it would be nice if we could show our appreciation by giving whatever amount we can, no matter how small. Christine did her part by driving 3 hours to get Mia and then fostering her for a few days and taking her to the vet. I know many of us wished we could do more at the time to help Mia...here's our chance as a group to play a small part and show our thanks to Bumper. Some may say they are a rescue and this is what they do. That is true but they are only able to operate through donations. I just think its a great idea considering the rescue of Mia began with us and was at our request. I understand that some members are in positions where they cant help out financially and that is completely understandable. Your thoughts and prayers during the weekend were enough. However, if you can spare a small donation I think its the right thing to do in this instance. You can donate to Mias care at http://www.bumperbulldogs.com/How_To_Donate.html Just indicate your a member of EBN and its for Mia! Thank you everyone for anything you can do!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I think that is a great idea and I will definitely do that this Friday on payday! 💵👍❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.