Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I just read this thread Awww Christine! What a wonderful thong to do!
This video put a tears to my eyes! What a beautiful bully xx shes now in a safe hands zx
In ideal world i would love if one of the members adopted her-she a beauty xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi gang...thanks for all the sweet words, but it REALLY was no big deal... it was a beautiful day for a long ride and PA has some beautiful scenery...

so I took my niece for the ride to be some company :blink: she was barely awake both up and back?

April 2014 019.jpg

This is Mia Bella when I first got her into the car out in cow country!

April 2014 014.jpgApril 2014 015.jpg

About an hour into the ride... she looked like Becca (my niece) and stayed that way till about 20 mins from the house

April 2014 020.jpg

A few pictures when we first got in the house... she does give paw if you put your hand out in front of her. Her skin is in great shape, her eyes are bad, she does walk into things in the dark, but this morning she does real well moving around the basement and the yard. her ears are bad, I cleaned the best I could, but I think they are closed.
April 2014 022.jpgApril 2014 025.jpgApril 2014 029.jpg

I am going to call my vet in the morning to get her in for evaluation.... the ER vet was a bust last night as they had about 5 emergencies and we would have waited for many hours and there really was nothing they could do, but maybe clean her ears and tell me her condition. So I opted to just leave.

As you can tell from the video,she is a love bug, but I sense she was always just alone as when we leave, she just lays right down and goes to sleep. she has no clue what toys or bones are either. She has rough patches of skin on her back legs around the 'ankles' so I think she was just kept in a kennel or crate all the time, except to potty -- she does seem to be house trained, as they told me to take her out for potty every two hours.

they did not give me any food, so I have her on beef, rice and green beans... she had a bath for probably the first time in years last night, she wasn't too happy about that, but she was good overall. At this time, there are no signs of any aggression or behavior issues, but I think she may have some dominance in her as she 'kicks her scent' after each potty (pee and poo).

Again, this is very rewarding, and not a big deal for me, but I think I have a very ease first rescue. What those in rescue do on a daily basis and how their hearts can survive without hurting the people doing this to these sweet babies is just beyond my understanding and I could never be compared to any of them. I really just went for a nice ride on a nice day.... just picked up a friend

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness… [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thanks for sharing the video, what a sweet baby!!! Looks like she was enjoying every little minute of affection...
@brutus77 Kudos to you for stepping up as well and willing to help out...

I gotta say you both are awesome, this has totally made my weekend!!! :2thumbs: :heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@2BullyMama

Ugh my heart just hurts for this poor baby… they just kept her in a crate for breeding?!! :*( They are such lovable dogs, it amazes me that she would trust another human being after what she has been thru...

Hey forgot to add how is Banks & Cheli handling this? Better NOT show Banks the video… LOL :stinkeye:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
There are really crappy people in this world who do really bad things, but what makes me happy and hopeful is that there are more good people out weighing the bad [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], you are an angel. You can see the love in Mias eyes. She is so thankful you rescued her. Now she can live the life she deserves. EBN is made up of loving caring people who make me proud everday and I am lucky to call each of you my friends. If Mia is coming to LI, it would be my pleasure to bring her here. I am off to church with a song in my heart because of you wonderful people. Rest easy now beautiful Mia, you are safe.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi gang...thanks for all the sweet words, but it REALLY was no big deal... it was a beautiful day for a long ride and PA has some beautiful scenery...

so I took my niece for the ride to be some company :blink: she was barely awake both up and back?

View attachment 69525

This is Mia Bella when I first got her into the car out in cow country!

View attachment 69526View attachment 69527

About an hour into the ride... she looked like Becca (my niece) and stayed that way till about 20 mins from the house

View attachment 69528

A few pictures when we first got in the house... she does give paw if you put your hand out in front of her. Her skin is in great shape, her eyes are bad, she does walk into things in the dark, but this morning she does real well moving around the basement and the yard. her ears are bad, I cleaned the best I could, but I think they are closed.
View attachment 69529View attachment 69530View attachment 69531

I am going to call my vet in the morning to get her in for evaluation.... the ER vet was a bust last night as they had about 5 emergencies and we would have waited for many hours and there really was nothing they could do, but maybe clean her ears and tell me her condition. So I opted to just leave.

As you can tell from the video,she is a love bug, but I sense she was always just alone as when we leave, she just lays right down and goes to sleep. she has no clue what toys or bones are either. She has rough patches of skin on her back legs around the 'ankles' so I think she was just kept in a kennel or crate all the time, except to potty -- she does seem to be house trained, as they told me to take her out for potty every two hours.

they did not give me any food, so I have her on beef, rice and green beans... she had a bath for probably the first time in years last night, she wasn't too happy about that, but she was good overall. At this time, there are no signs of any aggression or behavior issues, but I think she may have some dominance in her as she 'kicks her scent' after each potty (pee and poo).

Again, this is very rewarding, and not a big deal for me, but I think I have a very ease first rescue. What those in rescue do on a daily basis and how their hearts can survive without hurting the people doing this to these sweet babies is just beyond my understanding and I could never be compared to any of them. I really just went for a nice ride on a nice day.... just picked up a friend

:hug2::kiss3: to you for what you did, and I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama

Ugh my heart just hurts for this poor baby… they just kept her in a crate for breeding?!! :*( They are such lovable dogs, it amazes me that she would trust another human being after what she has been thru...

Hey forgot to add how is Banks & Cheli handling this? Better NOT show Banks the video… LOL :stinkeye:

Banks and Cheli know something is up and there is 'another' in the house, but so far we have not allowed any site or interaction. We have Mia in the basement and can take her in/out through the patio.... I am leashing Banks/Cheli and taking them out front for potty

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OMG, I missed so much, just read every thread and followed the story. This is so amazing, how everything enfolded. The people and the rescues on this site are truly the best, with the most unselfish and biggest hearts. Thank you to everyone who played a part in rescuing this sweet baby, I'm so glad she is safe now, and I hope she gets a new forever home where she will be loved and have the life she deserves. Thanks so much to Christine for picking her up and fostering her, she is a lucky girl, and you can see how happy she is in the video. You guys are all amazing. God bless you all.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i really hope someone on here can adopt her it would be great to see her whole story :D

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
My apologies to anyone I left off the post...I meant to include [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] in the above post..sorry! I'm sure I left others off too I wrote it too quickly .

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My apologies to anyone I left off the post...I meant to include @Pati Robins @KMARINO and @Vikinggirl in the above post..sorry! I'm sure I left others off too I wrote it too quickly .

Silly boy to worry, great post & great job, I wouldn't been able to
write a word or remember tag names! We know who did what, Honey.
We are ALL so very proud of each one of you, beaming with pride, bursting
with joy, busting out in tears & grins at the same time.

GREAT JOB, ALL!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What a wonderful Easter story! Christine( is it coincidence that first part of your name is Christ............) Such a humble and kind person-"Oh, I just went for a ride".
You are truly what a Christian was meant to be, unselfish, caring, kind. So, you wash dogs-instead of feet! GOD BLESS YOU-and he will. I am so proud just to be associated with you in ANY way. I am truly amazed at EBN and all the kindness that abounds here. In my area-they would dump the dog on the side of the road.
I am in awe of you and ALL of you. Thank you Christine-and all who were involved.:angelheart:As you know When you spell GOD backwards..................:heart:

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Awww that video is amazing!! I cried through the whole thing. What a beautiful ending to this story. I honestly couldn't be happier to be a part of this group with you amazing people! Mia is one luck little girl ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
And I just saw your updates [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] 😀 So thankful to you and your family!! I know you do not think what you did was much, but you saved Mia's life. And you opened your home to her. ❤️Thank you so much for keeping us updated! We love hearing about sweet Mia. And Happy Easter to you and yours!!🐰🐣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Christine is a hellava Woman!!:thumb3::goodpost:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online