xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So on almost a daily basis I like to search "english bulldog" into the search field on craigslist... Just because, well.... I love bullys (hehe). Just recently today I saw a post of somebody rehoming their 7 year old female... Now, I dont get how somebody can adopt a dog for seven years then carelessly get rid of them. I would cry everyday of my life if I had to get rid of Jovi... But i would NEVER do it... And then on top of it she is going blind and deaf.... So you're giving your dog away who only knows you as the parents and soon enough she wont be able to see or hear her new owners? It's just so sad! And then ONTOP of it, they are getting rid of her because they adopt two other dogs and they dont get along... I just feel so bad for her. I cant understand people. I really dont. She is such a beauty too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PEOPLE SUCK!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
That is exactly why I CAN'T look at that stuff... I would want to take care of them all! It really breaks my heart because June is my baby. I would just be devastated if anything happened to her. Poor girl, I hope she finds a sweet family to love on her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just so wrong on every level, I'm going to pray a bully lover
adopts her. In fact, they should contact a bully rescue so the
rescue could place her in an appropriate home. I adopted Cami
a year ago at 5 y/o, now 6 y/o, I can't imagine her trying to
adjust to a new home & new people and losing eyesight/hearing
causing anxiety & fear...terrible & selfish people are everywhere.
GOD help us all.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
People really do suck!! I will never understand how you can just get rid of your dog. They are part of the family and a life long committment!!! I feel bad for that poor old girl.

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Incase you get a message saying you can't watch vevo videos...it's on YouTube....

Best Day of My Life (Dog Version)
By : American Authors

You won't be sorry! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMrsDevilDoc

Jan 30, 2014
Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
I don't get it. I don't understand how in the world people can give up on a member of their family... that's what these pets are, members of our family. If you do not understand what a true responsibility it is (time-wise, financially, training-wise, etc...) then you should NOT have a dog, especially a bulldog. They are amazing dogs, but they definitely require a committed owner.

I feel some people adopt or get a dog on a whim thinking of it as some sort of fashion statement or spur of the moment decision without realizing what they are getting into.

I adopted my baby girl, Charlotte, in December from a rescue organization in NC who had received her from a couple who rescued her from a some meth-heads who posted her on Craigslist.... they had her listed for "barter" for Christmas gifts or best offer... and posted pics of her tied up to a tree with a heavy chain around her neck. She was malnourished and dirty.... I'm so grateful that they saved her and that she is now a part of our family. :heart:

165.jpg

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
I didn't rescue my Rigs but my next bullie will definitely adopt. Every single one of you that adopted your babies or ever foster are angels in my eyes. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I am sorry I could not reply until now to my thread. But seriously, it just upsets me. She is going blind and deaf and trying to remember her way around the home and when she is put into a new home she is going to become depressed and stressed because she doesnt know where she is or who she is with. Breaks my heart. Now I have no idea what they are selling her for, but i Have a feeling she was used for breeding because she isnt even fixed!!!! and all her nipples are basically touching the ground. poor girl :[

manilenyo

Apr 27, 2014
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Totally unfair. I hope she gets adopted by a very caring family.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Totally unfair. I hope she gets adopted by a very caring family.
She did! Through the great people here in EBN she was rescued and is now being fostered by Christine (@2bullymama) A real success story! I'll never forget it!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
The title of the thread really says it. It's so sad. Dogs are so devoted and then to be abandoned is so sad. Human beings are undoubtedly, far and away, the most cruel of all animals

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.