Facial expressions ....

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How does your bully show her feelings?

Bulldogs are (apparently) famous for being a dog that, because of the way the face is all wrinkled, it can be difficult to read their emotions.

Well I can certainly tell Maggie's thoughts from her looks and her body language. BUT she is the only one of our dogs who can really move her eyebrows! Sometimes, she only lifts the one eyebrow .. but that's only when she's really thinking "stupid human".

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Cannot tell with Brodie, yet, but with Lola she cocks her head a certain way or with her ears. I usually can tell how she feels.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas has that "I'm gonna bite you" look. Or maybe it's the low grumble and the ears back and the open mouth that lets me know he's unhappy with the situation. It usually happens during the "human" dinner ritual where he is made to watch us eat. Orion is pretty easy to read. She is usually emitting T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Duke is a whiner who cocks his head saying, "Hey your ignoring me again. I need someone to play with me, feed me, or walk me." Sometimes he puts on the I'm a bad-*** show when the mail man puts the letters in our mailbox outside our front door.(territorial issue) But the truth is he's just a big 87.7 lbs. baby afraid of loud noises like thunder and lighting and runs for cover under our bed or jumps up on the couch wanting me to hold him until it's all over.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Winston and especially Layla are full of expressions. They make us laugh all the time. Layla likes to raise one eye brow when you ask her to do something she doesnt want to do. Hitch on the other hand looks the same all the time. His happy face looks just like his sad face, his excited, face, his sleepy face. :D

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Gertie is very expressive, Ida not so much. Gertie is a whiner too. She does these funny, 1/2 whine 1/2 yowl sounds all the time, especially when my baby granddaughter is here. Marlie and Gertie were born on the same day and they LOVE each other! Marlie plays on a quilt on the floor near Gertie's crate and she crawls over and plays with Marlie thru the crate door. That's when Gertie gets going with her silly noises. They're so cute! (I wish I knew how to post a video on here).

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Gertie is very expressive, Ida not so much. Gertie is a whiner too. She does these funny, 1/2 whine 1/2 yowl sounds all the time, especially when my baby granddaughter is here. Marlie and Gertie were born on the same day and they LOVE each other! Marlie plays on a quilt on the floor near Gertie's crate and she crawls over and plays with Marlie thru the crate door. That's when Gertie gets going with her silly noises. They're so cute! (I wish I knew how to post a video on here).

@Gertie's Mom I wish you knew how to post videos too!!!! The image of Marlie and Gertie playing with each other and Gertie's silly noises sounds SO cute!! :heart:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva is very expressive. She definately uses her non verbals to let us know how she feels. Her eyes always tell or sometimes the way she sits or lays. We always joke that she is so human like!

Tanker

Dec 29, 2010
Parkersburg, WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Tanker or Tank or Tankie..Depends on his expression.
Tank is not much of a talker unless you are playing and then he's all throat noises. My favorite face is his sleepy weepy face in the morning. I've been late to work nearly every day since we got him because I don't want to get out of bed. He is such a snuggler.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh..I get the infamous "dirty look".. quite often actually!!! :p

ry%3D400

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well when lex is ready to start his day he will sit on my side of the bed look at me and do that chewbacca growl till i get up. i can see if hes hurting or not feeling good by his eyes and the way he carries his head and of course his facial expressions... if we are eating and he is begging he will do a low growl.... grrruff, and he does this lip smacking thats hilarious usually that one means hes ready for another bite.. when we eat we always have carrots on our plant for him lol
o and when he doesnt like something we tell him or we have to tell him no sr he looks at us does that bullie snort thing they do, its hilarious its like hes talking back

Last edited:
OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@LisaRN Yep, he was definitely telling you that you were in trouble with that look!!! :lol:

[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] :heart::heart::heart: that second photo .. he looks so cute!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.