Do you confuse your dog with ever-changing nicknames?

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
While Kevin and i where waiting for my younger son to finish practice the other day the entire team had to run around the perimeter of the park. As each kid passed Kevin they said hi to him..

Kid 1: "Kevin!" , Kid 2: "The Chunkster", Kid 3: "Chunky Monkey", Kid 4: "Kevster", Kid 5: "Ouch! let go of my leg!", Kid 6: "Chunky!"... etc..

I realized that Kevin hardly gets called 'Kevin'... people always call him by a nickname. Whats worse, is that my wife has started calling him "Kevin Bacon".

Sometimes i wonder if he'll ever know what his name is :blush2:.

Do you use your dogs Nickname more then his/her real name?

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
OMG I just said this exact same thing to my bf the other day! Her name is June but we call her Junebug, bug, buggie, bugger, badgirl, nojune, stopbitingjune, etc. Hardly ever by the name on her tags... :blink: but she answers to all of them...

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie answers to everything we call her. Brutus ignores everything said by anyone and right now is going by "no no bad dog".

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella has a few. Baby Bella Mushroom, Bell bottom blue jeans. Ruzzer ruppy. Boo bear... She seems to respond to all of them

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
YES YES! And this makes me laugh so hard! what-if-i-never-find-out-whos-a-good-boy-pug.jpg

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hah kevin bacon. We do have a few nicknames for Lola, but its always lola when she's in trouble.

Now, our mouthy cat is about 12 years old. and her name has changed several times over the years. Started out as Kitty. Now we call her Meep, because she meeps ALOT.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh heck yeah lets see for Brutus.... we have Bru, Bruman, Bruman chew, Bruchops, Brucifer (this is my personal fav), Bruticus, Brutus John O'Toole(he is usually running away when he hears this), and last but not least, little Sh*t!!!
and now for Frankie... we have Frankenstein, Frank the tank, Tanky, Frankalene (cuz I keep telling him he is Italian), Frankapotomus. Never are they called by just their given name.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
All my doggies have had several nicknames, and they always seem to know them all… of course BAD DOGS brought the whole clan over!!!~ LOL

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Bullies are soooo cute I think it comes w/the territory.

Cami is bigfatgirl, babygirl, poo, poopoo, camster, lovey
... same for Brutus, brubru, mr brutus, brutie, brewster,
brutie, mr brutie, fat boy, shark...

I do think I call my bullies by more nicknames than my
other dog breeds.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Lol!! Yes Meatball gets called Meatball, Ball, Meathead, Big Guy, Chubby, and I always call him Boyfriend lol

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay mine are pretty bad. I call her jervy, scurvy, pervy, baby, lover, piggy, wiggle butts, and so on. hehe. I think by now she forgot her name... hm...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks has a laundry list of nicknames.... Banksy, Baby girl, sexy, beeotchy Banks, bitchy girl, GIRL, Stop, NO, leave it, drop it ,,,,, list goes on

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Gunner is The Gunner Bug, Gunner Bunny (he hops) the Gunner Gator ( he stretches his legs out behind him and he snaps his mouth closed a lot)
poor guy, he's never gonna learn his name.
Fat baby, tubbo, tubby, chunk, biggun, mister, Mommys chunky monkey.
And today he's been in ALOT of trouble so he thinks his name is "REALLY?!?!?!?"

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo has several names, Yo Yo, Biggie, Love Bug, My Little Man. All my other dogs have Special names also.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Well, my boys are so smart they don't get confused....as long as the name starts with the same way they will respond....if they want....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.