Peeing on bed?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball at that age peed on all blankets. I had to remove blankets and pillows from his crate. He will pee on a dog bed too! Really strange. He outgrew it, but it took awhile

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I know he will not hold it long at this age. And I don't expect him too. He goes out about every hour and a half and sometimes more. He rings his bells by the door to go outside. And it's not at any particular time of day or night either. His bed isn't in his crate, it's in our living room, on an inside wall away from any draughts. I made sure of that because it's still cold here right now.
I took it away and now he's sleeping in "his" clothes basket. We shall see how it goes!

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
Tallulah is 4-1/2 and has peed (repeatedly) on her bed and still pees in her crate.

She is mostly house trained. She understands where to go to get outside, and she will go there and sit quietly until I let her out. But sometimes she likes to sit there, just because there's a bit of a draft under the door and she's warm. Unfortunately, if she really has to go out, she doesn't do anything differently (unless its the middle of the night). Yesterday morning, she pooped in the middle of the kitchen floor while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Yes, she had *just* been outside to pee 10 minutes earlier and didn't go poop. I'm just starting to bell train her, so maybe that will help.

She's a rescue that has been home about 2 months. I bought her a nice fluffy bed just after she came home. A few days go by. She peed on it, I cleaned it. A few days go by. She peed on it, I cleaned it. And this cycle kept going. Until one day she peed on it about 30 seconds after I reassembled the clean bed. I was tired and frustrated and I yelled at her. She certainly knew I was mad. I put the bed in the laundry room, moved her crate in the bedroom and she got to sleep in there for a few days. The next morning I also left for a business trip, so she maybe thought me being mad was associated with me disappearing for a day or two. After several days, I moved the crate back to the other room and just pulled out the crate pad for her to sleep on each night. Not nearly as comfortable as the fluffy bed. Finally, I put the clean bed back for her and she hasn't peed on it since.

We're having the same issue with the crate. I thought the crate was too big, but I really don't think that's it. And it's not how long she's been in the crate (plus she can hold it forEVER; I have to make her go outside sometimes). I think its marking her stuff partly and behaviorial (and maybe excitement--I think she might be doing it right when someone comes in). At any rate, last time I had to clean the bed and crate, she knew I was mad--and she also had to spend the day in the crate without a bed or blanket, because they weren't dry when I left for work. I think she'll eventually figure it out.

But our bullies are definitely not like others dogs who would never pee in their crates!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.