Peeing on bed?

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Gunner is peeing on his dog bed!! Why in the world is he doing this? He's fine everywhere else. This just started and I've been washing the bedding so it doesn't smell. I've even used vinegar and baking soda in the was to get any residual odor out.
What do I do?
Although its a girlie zebra fuzzy bed. We didn't buy it, someone else did. Lol I can't say I'm totally heartbroken if we have to toss it!
Open to any and all suggestions!:yes:

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
He's 8wks old. He's just started this in the last 2 days. He's fine otherwise and is almost completely bell trained. We seriously don't have accidents otherwise.
So strangle.
Maybe he just hates his girlie bed, Bahahaaaa!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
He's 8wks old. He's just started this in the last 2 days. He's fine otherwise and is almost completely bell trained. We seriously don't have accidents otherwise.
So strangle.
Maybe he just hates his girlie bed, Bahahaaaa!

Where is the bed kept? If it's in a crate, sounds like the crate is too large for him ... if it's just laying on the floor inside your home and he doesn't have accidents anywhere else I would simply pick the bed up and not let him have it for a little while.

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
It's not in his crate, and yes that is too big. It's too big even with the divider, but again.... We didn't buy it.
I have it picked up. It's going to have to stay that way, it's normally on our living room floor.

Thanks!

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
So here's the back story.....
we got Gunner from the lady who does our hair. She and my youngest are very close. (Youngest has Aspergers and other things going on)
She after four days couldn't handle her allergy to him, even when medicated. So she asked if we wanted him before she took him back to the breeder. We got him with food, blanket, shirt, treats, bowls and toys, and a HUGE crate! He will never outgrow this thing it's so big!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
It's not in his crate, and yes that is too big. It's too big even with the divider, but again.... We didn't buy it.
I have it picked up. It's going to have to stay that way, it's normally on our living room floor.

Thanks!

maybe you're right he just doesn't like the zebra print :lol: ooh ooh I got it, zebra print makes him so dizzy feeling he pees ... ok well maybe not, but I think you did the right thing by picking it up, don't want him to start having accidents cause it might carry over into other parts of the house :eek: good luck!!

OP
G

GunnersMommy

Apr 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Thanks for your help! We haven't had a puppy in our house in about 15 yrs. And Gunner, well.....
ya he isn't a puppy, he's the baby.
So spoiled and loved. Glad we have him, but man he's a lot of work ;) LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus has always peed on his dog bed and any other of my dogs beds. It's a dominance thing. I am unable to have any bedding in his crate or any dog beds.

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
8wks old? ya he will just have accidents at that age, but luckily he will grow out of them. We just took our two pups outside constantly and encouraged them to go outside and before we knew they would come get us to let them out. But it is weird that they will pee in places they are most comfortable, ours always went in their crate on the towels we had for them.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Hi Gunner -

You need the full rundown on how this goes.

At least in the case of Baxter, expect nothing but messes for the first several weeks / months overnight.

Unless you take him out literally every hour of the day and night, in my experience, they will have no qualms about peeing their beds and crates.

And then laying in it. Unfortunately sometimes even as adults.

The adult dogs here who still have issues with it have to get their bedding removed. Baxter will still pee his crate if there is any bedding.

The puppies your age still have a hope of normalcy, but don't expect it for several months. Eventually the nightmare will die down and accidents will stop.

But Baxters crate at 8 weeks was a disaster zone in the morning. And I used a divider.

You can not expect them to hold pee or poop more than an hour or two.

So if you put a divider in at 8 weeks, you're going to have a puppy covered in poop and pee in the morning.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
When Bodie was little, 8wks, he never peed in his crate or on blankets, etc...he'd go to the door and sit and if we didn't see him within 1 minute, he'd usually pee around our table, which is in the same zone as the French door where he was taught to go when he had to go outside. That ended after a couple weeks. Once he was able to hold it, he'd just lay down, if we didn't see him waiting, until someone did see him at the door to let him out. But about 6 months ago, he went through a faze where everytime I'd wash his bed cover or crate bedding, he'd pee on it within 24 hours! Idk if it was because I had just washed it and it DIDN'T smell and stink! But finally we just had to get rid of the bed we had in the living room floor for him. Bodie's 4 years old, he does know better, your baby is still literally an infant, he can't hold his urine for long at all and won't! At night, when Bodie was an infant, we would get up literally every 1 1/2-2 hours and take him out to pee and he'd pee everytime! Thinking back, I don't think we ever had any accidents overnight in his crate or during the day for that matter.
Maybe he's just peeing on his bedding because its clean and smells fresh and some bullies would rather have stinky things!!! I know my Bodie likes stinky things...feet, sweaty shoes, bedding, etc...!!!!!

BullyLove!!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor wet his bed during a period when he was a month or two older, and it turned out he was lying in a draught. As soon as we closed the windows the problem stopped. I posted a question about it here and one bulldog owner suggested it could be a draught - something we hadn't thought of at all!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Both my Abby and Bella peed on beds when little. Almost like marking them. But once fully trained it stopped

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Same here, Buster peed on the second bed we got him but I think it was because he was marking it. I agree with the draft thing though, maybe if you moved it things might change.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.