So, how does anyone get their Bullies to potty in a downpour?!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
We're in Az., where it NEVER rains. I let my girls outside, where it is around 50 degrees and coming down in buckets. They're both parked on the patio, with their faces practically pressed up against the glass, looking at me. I can tell exactly what they're thinking: "Are you out of your mind? Why are we out here, freezing in this terrible rain? Just let us in, we'd MUCH rather pee in our crates, and poop on the floor!" :p

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I haven't ran into it with Jozi
yet but with my Great Dane
we just stayed out there until
he went. Sometimes it took a
LONG time. But he finally gave in.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no Samson would rather hold it for days than go out in the rain LOL. The other day I had to pick him up, put him outside our back door and push his little booty forward. He turned his head back to look at me and gave me a dirty look! I looked at him sternly and said real strong and seriousy, GO POTTY! So he did LOL But I always have to do that/force him to go out.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
DITTO with what @bfletch13 just said. Just keep watching them and whenever they show signs of going in the house, put them outside. Eventually they will just have to go!!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, I finally put them in their crates and they're both snoring. I think I'll wait an hour or so (hopefully the rain will let up) and put them out again. It's NOT supposed to rain here! This is why we live in the desert!! Ugh!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas doesn't mind the rain and Orion sometimes throws a fit. Umbrella.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh no Samson would rather hold it for days than go out in the rain LOL. The other day I had to pick him up, put him outside our back door and push his little booty forward. He turned his head back to look at me and gave me a dirty look! I looked at him sternly and said real strong and seriousy, GO POTTY! So he did LOL But I always have to do that/force him to go out.

ROFL [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] What a visual... LOL
It was suggested here:whistle:that we get some sort of a tend/canopy/or sumptin to set up over the Princesse's potty area. Next it would be a canopy going from the back door to the tent... ROFL *rolling my eyes* :rolleyes::down:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas loves to go out in a down pour it does not bother him at all, I have to leash him to take him out, I use an umbrella for me, but he loves it, when we come back in he gets wild and runs laps around the dining room. What I hate is when it is thundering and lightning and he needs out, here in Florida we are the number one lighting state in the U.S. I try to make him hold it as long as I can then.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
ROFL [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] What a visual... LOL
It was suggested here:whistle:that we get some sort of a tend/canopy/or sumptin to set up over the Princesse's potty area. Next it would be a canopy going from the back door to the tent... ROFL *rolling my eyes* :rolleyes::down:

Just thinking of you Dear. Trying to protect "he who must watch" :p:luv:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i usually have to be real stern with lex as well even though i get a bad look i know he'll feel better after he potties

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Lola, yes. Brodie, NO NO NO NO. It's raining here now and I just caught him pooing inside :angry:. He's been doing so good. Ughhhhhh

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Well,

Duke from day one would let me know he had to go outside. He comes up to me with his whining and I ask, "Do you got to poo-poo?"
and he'll bark back at me. Rain, snow or 100 degrees Duke knows he can't hold it any longer he's gotta go outside in his yard.

But to help you......I reccommend walking them in the rain. Yeah you'll get wet, but they will also sense your not afraid of the rain and
it may get them over their fears.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh I don't think they're afraid at all. It's just that we so rarely have rain or chilly temps here, this is totally new to them. And they really don't even have to go out in the actual rain. We have a patio slab and the rest of the yard is desert landscape (rock). But there are two 10 x10 foot gazebos, one over the cement and one directly behind it. So they can go to the rock area and still be under the second gazebo.

Last night the rain let up so I finally let them out and there were no accidents in crates, so I was very happy when I got up this-morning. During the night it stormed here til I thought the back of my house was going to blow away. But it's not raining now, thank heavens, so the girls are outside running off some energy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The boys dont mind going out in the rain, in fact I think they prefer it cuz then they are guaranteed a cookie when they come in all wet. lol I always know if they went potty in the rain.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
The girls will hesitate, I have to give them a nice gently little shove behind their hiennie. However there is a small covered area that leads to the grass. Believe me they will press into the side of the house as much as they can to be covered by the over-hang. Then they reach a tree covered area. Sometimes they don't even wait until their hiennies are on the grass, just their front paws. URGHHHHHH

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online