Please Help!! Infection?

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
My 10 week old bulldog has started to urinate constantly!!! about every 2-5 minutes. Sometimes its a full urination and sometimes its only a drop. Sometimes she tries and I don't see anything at all. Could this be a UTI??? are there any home remedies or is this a trip to the vet?? Please advise.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My 10 week old bulldog has started to urinate constantly!!! about every 2-5 minutes. Sometimes its a full urination and sometimes its only a drop. Sometimes she tries and I don't see anything at all. Could this be a UTI??? are there any home remedies or is this a trip to the vet?? Please advise.
This certainly does sound like a UTI. No home remedy-this pup needs to go to the vet, and get proper treatment. It is not uncommon for a young pup to get a :doctor:UTI. Need meds from the Dr.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This certainly does sound like a UTI. No home remedy-this pup needs to go to the vet, and get proper treatment. It is not uncommon for a young pup to get a :doctor:UTI. Need meds from the Dr.

Agreed, keep us posted on your babies progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lynn got you covered.... Poor baby..... Keep us posted plead

OP
K

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
I will get her to the vet tomorrow, they r all closed today. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to help relieve the symptoms?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i would bring her to the emergency vet. There should be one around you possibly google one? If it is a UTI you should treat it immediately. And agreed that only a vet can prescribe meds for it. And she is still a baby so I cant even imagine how she feels right now :[. Please keep us posted!

OP
K

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
I got her into vet Monday but they were unable to get urine sample but went ahead and started her on antibiotics. ..Thursday morning she started urinating blood took her back to vet did urinalysis and also xray to rule out stones. She has severe UTI and doubled up on antibiotics, seems there's still not much improvement. So frustrating, hoping for improvement soon!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Urinary tract infection is immediately what I thought as well

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I just read your thread, and was going to say I totally agree with Lynn and others that she needed to see your vet, and get treatment for a UTI, as frequent urination and peeing only a drop are definitely a sign for UTI's. I'm so glad that she is getting antibiotic treatment, and hope she feels better soon. Once the UTI is cleared up, there are a few preventative things you can do to help prevent future UTI's. We give our two guys cranberry pills as a preventative measure, I buy the pills at the health food store and we break open the capsule and sprinkle the cranberry powder on the kibble everyday. Cranberry is known to prevent UTIs. You can also add 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar to the drinking water everyday, there are a lot of benefits to ACV, such as it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so it boosts the immune system, which will help to fight infections, and it balances the Ph levels in the blood. You can also use a unscented baby wipe to clean her lady parts to help her avoid infections, especially if she tends to touch the ground when she crouches down to pee. Maybe she is getting dirt in this area.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, I just read your thread, and was going to say I totally agree with Lynn and others that she needed to see your vet, and get treatment for a UTI, as frequent urination and peeing only a drop are definitely a sign for UTI's. I'm so glad that she is getting antibiotic treatment, and hope she feels better soon. Once the UTI is cleared up, there are a few preventative things you can do to help prevent future UTI's. We give our two guys cranberry pills as a preventative measure, I buy the pills at the health food store and we break open the capsule and sprinkle the cranberry powder on the kibble everyday. Cranberry is known to prevent UTIs. You can also add 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar to the drinking water everyday, there are a lot of benefits to ACV, such as it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so it boosts the immune system, which will help to fight infections, and it balances the Ph levels in the blood. You can also use a unscented baby wipe to clean her lady parts to help her avoid infections, especially if she tends to touch the ground when she crouches down to pee. Maybe she is getting dirt in this area.

I got her into vet Monday but they were unable to get urine sample but went ahead and started her on antibiotics. ..Thursday morning she started urinating blood took her back to vet did urinalysis and also xray to rule out stones. She has severe UTI and doubled up on antibiotics, seems there's still not much improvement. So frustrating, hoping for improvement soon!

Monica has has you covered with what to do.... I was thinking the same thing, as my girl pretty much sits on the ground when going. I wipe her girl after each potty to help avoid dirt getting I there. Also, Banks as a pup had way too much skin in the area which cause constant UTI... our vet waited a while, I have to look it up to see when she had the surgery (she is almost 9 so memory is struggling), but we had to have some of the skin/tissue removed to help eliminate the UTIs. It is called a vulvaplasty, actual somewhat common in other breeds (according to my vet) and after that procedue, she has only had one UTI which was just last year

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.