Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Bulldog: Male Size Question...Is my boy small??

Dog Park Attendant Rigginsluv11's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Default First Bulldog: Male Size Question...Is my boy small??

Hey everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post so please bare with me. I have the most amazing boy named Riggins. He is 11 months old. He will turn 1 on April 28th actually. My vet says Rigs is one of the most handsome bulldogs he has ever seen. Very healthy. He gave him a complete exam as soon as I got him and said he was perfect. He did say he thought he may be a bit petite for a male at maybe 45-50 lbs full grown but of course that was just his estimate. He did say that isn't a bad thing though for a bulldog health wise and said I had a wonderful little guy. Where my questions and "concerns" are coming from I guess is because every time I run into another bulldog owner and they either guess how old he is or ask, they think he is about 4 months or are completely shocked when I say he is 11 months. Then I get, "Was he the runt or is he a mini??" And I say no to both. He is 28 lbs right now. I feed him 1 cup in the morning, a small snack at lunch, 1 cup at dinner and a small snack before bed. He is fed Canidae All Life Stages. Riggins Dad is short but very stocky. He is sired by an England Champion and Grand Sired by an England and World Champion so I know he has incredible bloodlines. I've seen pics of his family. But all of these people keep making me question my puppy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: First Bulldog: Male Size Question...Is my boy small??

28 lbs at 11 months is very small. Is he short or skinny or both? My Lola is a tiny bulldog as her mom was only 35 lbs full grown and Lola weighs about 38 lbs now at 10 months old. There is no such thing as a mini bulldog as far as the breed goes, only "smaller than breed standard" bulldogs. He is a cutie though and if the vet says he is healthy and at a good weight for his height, you should consider yourself lucky. Some people would pay lots of money for a bully that small!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Default First Bulldog: Male Size Question...Is my boy small??

I guess I would kind of consider him kind of awkward right now lol. His head is getting bigger. His shoulders are very stocky. But then back by his hips are a bit skinny but by no means under weight. His Dad didn't fill out until he was 2 so I shouldn't be worried but everyone always questioning me makes me feel like something is wrong with him. I think he's perfect and love him! As long as he is healthy, I'm glad he isn't lugging around a ton of extra weight here in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He will fill out a lot more, until they are 3 years old they just keep growing! he's short and not overweight so that's great- gosh he's a cutie!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)

My Herschel came to me at a year and a half and he weighed 47 lbs. Now at 3 1/2 he just weighed in at 52.7. My new girl is only 40.2 lbs and 4 1/2. My vet is pleased with both of them.

Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a great looking boy! All you state, you have him on a Greta diet, he is healthy and the vet is happy!! Excellent work. Our boy was small per say, too.... He leveled off at 56lbs, but as others said, they continue to grow until 3.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone! He is my first so I just wanted to make sure all these people were not freaking me out for a reason. Lol. That makes me happy to know that he will keep filling out for a couple more years. Thank you again!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

Others may say all kinds of things, I would listen to the vet, bullies like humans come in all shapes and sizes, he sure is a cutie!!

Real Name
    Katie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester Winston (Chesty)
    Likes (Received)

Chesty is my English bull dog and he is 17 months old and only 52 pounds but he was the runt of his litter. I got him at 11 weeks and he was only 9 pounds and his brother and sisters were all 19 and 20 pounds. And people ask me all the time if he's under a year and I always say no, and are Shocked when I say 17 months. But my vet says he's the perfect weight for his age. Because most bulldogs are over weight. All and all I think your guy is very handsome!!!and perfect!!! And he still has time to grow. At about age 2 he will be fully filled out. -11-19-12-jpg this is when i first got him at 11 weeks old.-dark-park-jpgthis was from a couple day ago (please excuse how dirty he was, we were at the dog park)
    Katie & Chesty

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Awww he is so handsome!!!! Thank you for the k

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riggins
    Likes (Received)

Ugh sorry, Riggins was on my lap and jumped down and I hit send! Lol. I meant to say thank you for the kind words!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Ha!ha! Bullies even rule the computer!! If you listen to other people who are "the authorities" on every subject, you will go crazy. If the vet is happy, you are happy, and your bullie is happy-that is all that counts! And everyone grows at different rates, and there are many variations in EBD's. If you were going to show-only the judge's opinion would count! Opinions are like A*$ holes, everyone has one!!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads