First Bulldog: Male Size Question...Is my boy small??

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Talking to you and seeing the pictures of him makes me feel soooo much better! I think Herschel looks perfect! Being at the bulldog bbq yesterday, I would say that at least 1/2 were so over weight. Some hardly walked around. :( Some never got out of these wagons. They were all so cute and I loved looking at every single one but I couldn't help but think of them as over weight humans and the health issues that could come along with carrying those extra pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Here is a pic of Herschel at 1 1/2 and about 46/47 lbs I think. And that was him weighed with a heavy collar (leather and spikes!). 564763_10150947487338491_1184449480_n.jpg

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i think he looks perfect and healthy!! i notice my jovi is a healthy weight so her legs look so long. she is almost 7 months but all her bothers and sisters are literally almost 40 or more pounds. jovi is only 32. she is a bit taller. she is already 16 inches in height. but they all grow at different ages so maybe he is small now but will grow more in 6 or so months? would love to keep getting updates :D

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Oh my goodness thank you so much for finding that picture! It is amazing how much they are built the same!! :) Maybe my scale is broke. Haha. But if that is the case, I weigh much more than I thought too! Lol. I absolutely love your Herschel!!!
Thank you xxaprilrose :) I will definitely keep you updated. I'm just waiting for a growth spurt!

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
28lbs for 11 months seems on the smaller end. Leo was 36lb at 4 months but has not gained much weight since. He is about 43lbs at almost 7 months. So they all grow at different rates. Everyone's bullies look great

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I think he looks good. I am with you as my girl is on the smaller side of things. Before she got sick last month she only weighed 39lbs at 10 months and has dropped down to 35lbs at 11.5 months due to the illness but as she gets better she will gain what she has lost back. Regardless we think she is perfect and our vet does as well.

OP
Rigginsluv11

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Thank you :) I hope your baby girl is all better. I think I'm going to put Rigs on the scale after I finish Survivor for an update. :) As long as they are healthy, happy and out vets are happy with their weights...i guess there is nothing to worry about. :) I just hate always hearing..."He is so little for his age. Was he the runt?" Like they think something is wrong with him. Oh well I guess! Lol

Most Reactions